Do your dogs go back to sleep in the morning?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by DebzC, May 7, 2017.

1. b&blabs

b&blabs Registered Users

All of a sudden Bessie's sleeping in! I'm not sure why, but not questioning! I had my older guy wanting to go out before she did in the morning. Usually if I get up to use the bathroom, she wants to go out (and I can't blame her). Past few mornings, she's slept right through me getting out of/back into bed. YAY.

Plum's mum and Xena Dog Princess like this.
  2. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Mabel always goes back to bed straight after breakfast. She also likes a good sleep before her dinner at 5 o'clock.

3. Kelly J

Kelly J Registered Users

Pepsi is awake any time from 5am!! I normally go down to her between 5.30 and 6 she has a play outside then breakfast and will then sleep for another hour or 2 till it's time for a little walk I'm not sure if that's normal she is only 12 weeks old bless her

DebzC likes this.
  4. lucky_dog

lucky_dog Registered Users

Lucky is very lazy in the mornings. If we left him to lie in he wouldn't get up before 11am! He's been like that since I got him at 7 months.

DebzC likes this.
  5. Lara

Lara Registered Users

I have shot myself in the foot a bit with Indie (who is 20 months now) as her mealtime is also her walk time - she gets about 75% of her brekkie and dinner fed by hand as training treats when we are out with her. So she is desperate for her morning walk as soon as she wakes up because she is hungry! So no lazy snoozy mornings for me. But once we have been out and she has eaten, she takes herself right back to bed and sleeps most of the day (with a bit of mooching about, and pointing at pigeons) until about 5pm when she gets peckish and playful, and steals things and capers about and is a pest until she gets her evening dinner/training. After that, she can just about keep her eyes open long enough to hoover up any food we drop on the floor during cooking but she is usually falling asleep standing up. Ensures both mine and husband's knees are adequately covered with drool whilst we are eating, then bed from around 8.30pm through the night (if she is really tired, she stands looking at her bed crying until I tell her to get in, then she is asleep in 20 seconds). She sleeps about 19 hours a day I reckon, if I am being boring..!

DebzC, Snowy and Plum's mum like this.
  6. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Finn has just started to wait for me to get up. Once in a while he will whine a bit to try to rouse me, but lately he's been waiting patiently.

He used to wake me up with a symphony at 7:15am without fail, but lately he'll let me sleep in until 9am.

However once he's up and out of his pen (in my room) he is a whirling dervish unless he gets his usual walk.

He naps a lot more after lunchtime. But mornings.......oy vey

DebzC likes this.
  7. FinnOfSoCal

FinnOfSoCal Registered Users

Oh my goodness I am jealous! Finn is an energizer bunny. How old is Indie?

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Oh yes, very normal. Mollie was like this at 12 weeks too.

Today she waited until I got up at 7:30am. I could hear her playing with her toys from 7am :)

Plum's mum likes this.
  9. Lara

Lara Registered Users

She's about 22 months now. I like to say her age in months still because it makes people think she is still a puppy and therefore look more kindly on her bouncing and general madness! Saying 'she is nearly 2' makes it sound like she should be a grown up ...haha when she is 10 I'll be like 'oh she's only 120 months...'

DebzC, Joy, Plum's mum and 2 others like this.