Does anyone know North Wales?

Discussion in 'Dog Friendly Places & Recommendations' started by Joy, May 11, 2017.

1. Joy

Joy Registered Users

We are thinking about having a few days, or maybe a week, away in September taking Molly with us. We've never been to North Wales and wonder if anyone can tell me what it's like. We want to be able to walk with Molly mostly off lead (so if there are sheep everywhere I don't think I'd want to go there) and we're not fit enough to climb Snowdon! Some dog friendly pubs would be good. Beaches would be nice but not essential as we live by the sea. Thanks for any suggestions.

Jyssica likes this.
  2. Sacha012

Sacha012 Registered Users

Your dog looks the image of my Sacha, lovely. Watch out for the Alabama Rot, take precautions to wash muddy feet etc. anyway Wales has loads of walks HAVE FUN! Rhayada and the area great for good dog walks, not too many sheep!

Joy likes this.
  3. Jyssica

Jyssica Registered Users

I love North Wales, its a beautiful place. I dont have any specific recommendations with regards to your needs, but Betwys-y-coed is lovely.

Joy likes this.
  4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

We stayed on the Llyn peninsula, don't remember seeing sheep on that. There are so many places you can visit from there. Betwys-y-coed as mentioned by @Jyssica and so many footpaths. There probably will be sheep in places though.

Joy likes this.
  5. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

OH and I have done a lot of hill walking there. Betwys is a nice base with shops, cafes and accommodation. There are some lovely walks from the valleys that are on good paths but expect lots of sheep.

Caernarfon is quite nice, and handy for Anglesey. There is a coastal/woodland walk near Newborough on Anglesey that was quite enjoyable last time I was there.

Joy likes this.
  6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Thank you all for the suggestions.