Dog Acne?

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Abby6, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Abby6

Abby6 Registered Users

I have a 5 month old puppy that has red spots on her belly and in her armpits. She also has bumps filled with green pus on her belly. I have been keeping an eye on them, and they eventually pop and scab over. More follow a few days after. She also has some scabs and redness on her paws. I have done extensive research online for this, and she has a vet appointment for next week. I have read that she just has dog acne which will go away when she gets older, and I've also read mange. I was just hoping to get some peace of mind until she goes to the vet. Has anyone else had this issue with their puppy?

2. Abby6

Abby6 Registered Users

She scratches a little also, but nothing abnormal or serious that comes along with mange. She has developed two small white scabbish looking spots on her face.

3. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Ella had a bit of puppy acne around her mouth when she was little. She also got a bit of a rash on her bare belly and the vet determined it was a bit of an allergic reaction on her sensitive skin. We had to clean and apply sudocrem for a week or so and it cleared up. I'd probably keep an eye on it and just wait until your vet appointment. However, if she gets worse, seems unwell or not herself or if you become worried at all, give your vet a call and see if you can come in any earlier.

drjs@5 likes this.