dog acting odd

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by debw76, Jun 14, 2015.

1. debw76

debw76 Registered Users

theres something wrong with my dog, hes not ill but theres something not quite right. Hes eating fine, drinking, weeing & poops are fine but hes acting strange. Hes always been a lazy boy, sleeps alot, plods along on his walk but the last couple of days hes been restless unable to settle, suddenly going outside and running around barking, sitting staring at me like hes trying to tell me something. His eyes are even more sad & droopy than usual & abit watery , he barks at me for no reason hes just not himself

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hello and welcome - can you tell us a bit more about your dog, how old he is, what breed, etc? Have you been to see the vet? I think go with your instinct; if you think he's not right, then don't hesitate, take him to the vet.

3. debw76

debw76 Registered Users

hes a choc lab, hes 5, im going vet tomo just wondered if anyone else experienced this

4. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Does sound like there's something up with him.. Good luck at the vets, let us know how you get on.

5. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

If in doubt visit the vet, it may be nothing but it is better to be on the safe side. Let us know how you get on at the vets.

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi. I think a visit to the vet if he is out of character is the best thing to do. Let us know how you get on

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Hi there,
    Out of curiosity is your dog neutered?could there be a bitch in season in the neighborhood?Dexter was really unsettled once by a beagle bitch that lives down our road.His behaviour was exactly as you describe although I don't notice any changes to his eyes.Mind you,mostly I couldn't see them as his back end disappeared over the wall to try and get down to her house bad lad! He's had the snip now ! X

8. Karen

Karen Registered Users

I had the same thought as Angela..