Dog food

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Presi, Jul 30, 2017.

1. Presi

Presi Registered Users

I have 4 months lab dog ...from Last 2 months he was eating dry kibble very well suddenly from yesterday not wards he was not eat dry kibble ,at the same time he eat gravy dog food ,yogurt ,milk,egg all other things...
    But if I feed it with my self he eat dry kibble ..He is not ready to eat it voulnterly wat is the reason for it ?

2. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hi and welcome. I'm not sure I entirely understand your question. Are you saying that before now your pup would eat kibble with no problems but now he will not eat it unless you hand feed him?
    It sounds like from your post that you are giving him extra food besides the kibble such as wet dog food, yougurt, milk, etc. and that he is eating those. So it doesn't sound like he is ill, which is the first concern if a dog won't eat. It sounds to me that he has decided that all that other stuff is much more interesting than the kibble. I would stop giving him the extra food (he doesn't need it anyway, a good quality kibble will give him all the nutrition he needs). He may continue to turn up his nose at it for a couple meals but he will eventually eat it once he gets hungry enough. :)

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

You should cut out all of the additional food such as eggs, gravy etc. Kibble will give them enough nutrition that they don't need the other food. When you put his bowl down with only kibble, leave it 10 minutes and take it away if he doesn't eat it. Do the same for the next meal. He will eat if he is hungry, but don't give him extra food inbetween meals.