Dog Insurance- HELP!

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by CraigNew, Jan 9, 2017.

1. CraigNew

CraigNew Registered Users

Firstly can i apologise for if i have entered this New Thread in the incorrect place and thank you so much to all those helpful people on crate training, Holly is doing very well still having accidents and it does seem to take some time 4-hrs for her to relieve herself outside(Poo) after eating?

Well i have free Insurance with Petplan until 30th January and have been shopping around for Lifetime cover Petplan and LV and NFU (although you have to an existing customer on house insurance) are the Which TOP 3.

Petplan Covered for Life up to £12,000 at £40.65 which i thought was expensive and LV Premier covering up to £10,000 per year for 10 complimentary treatments was £29.74 per month. Can anyone help or suggest which is best, £10pm difference here for what sounds like the same cover? We would be grateful for any help. Thank you all

2. DebzC

DebzC Registered Users

Check out Argos Platinum. We've claimed a couple of times already and there's been no quibble at all. I think I pay about £17 per month.

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Check out if there are any exclusions in the plans you're looking at (I've heard of some policies excluding hip problems for Labs, for example, as they're deemed "high risk"), and if things like physio or other aftercare services are included for both.

CraigNew likes this.
  4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Make sure you overlap the insurances as the new insurance won't be viable for the first two weeks.

5. SteveF

SteveF Registered Users

Also look at "whole life" cover. For example with some companies if you claim for a particular illness that then becomes an exclusion in the following year(s). I.E it`s not covered! Petplan for example, and I`m only a satisfied customer with no other interests, cover a dog for life generally regardless of injury/illness type and the level of cover is maintained in subsequent years. Obviously premiums can be a little higher but for me its peace of mind as I work my dog. HTH. Steve.