Dog long lead advice!

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by NickySW, Jun 3, 2019.

1. NickySW

NickySW Registered Users

I was wondering if anyone has used a long lead which doesn't get tangled up around their dogs' legs. I have a nylon one, which is a complete nightmare! I have been watching some videos on Facebook of dogs being trained and the dogs are running around with the line freely trailing behind - they seem to be slightly wider and flatter. I think that they might be biothane ones. Does anyone have any experience of using these and can send me a link of where they purchased them! Many thanks.

2. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Hi @NickySW

The operative theme you mentioned. You let the long line trail along the ground with your foot hovering over or near the line, ready to stop walkabout.

Re link, what country do you live in?

3. NickySW

NickySW Registered Users

Thank you for your reply. I live in the UK!

4. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

lucy@labforumHQ likes this.
  5. Anthony Abrao

Anthony Abrao Registered Users

I use a 30 foot training lead and have only had problems if Captain gets really rambunctious and starts spinning and turning a lot. He wears a harness that has a front clip and a back clip. The leash has a significant amount of stretch to it which prevents an abrupt stop to his movement when i step or pull on the lead. Even with a harness, i'm sure a sharp stop could easily cause harm. I live in the US, and the link below shows one vendor that sells the leash.
    https://www.petco.com/shop/en/petco...color-dog-leashes/good2go-recall-traininglead

This is a link to Captain retrieving while trailing his 30 foot lead.