Doggy holiday

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Joy, Sep 7, 2017.

1. Joy

Joy Registered Users

My sister and I have just had a few days away together with Molly and my sister's Lab, Katie. We rented a house at Milford on Sea, which is on the south coast of England, on the edge of the New Forest, a convenient spot as it's about halfway between our two homes.
    The dogs hadn't met each other before - my sister got Katie as a rescue back in Feb when she was 6 months old. Thankfully they got along very well together and we had a great time, despite either rain or drizzle most of the time.
    I can thoroughly recommend the area for a dog walking holiday. Dogs are allowed off-lead on the shingle beach all year and there is also a lovely wooded area for walks with a stream running through it. The local pub, The Smuggler's Arms, allows dogs inside and we had a good meal there.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

edzbird, Atemas, charlie and 7 others like this.
  2. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Looks like a great time was had by all. I'm glad Molly got on with your sisters dog.

Joy likes this.
  3. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Glad you had a fab holiday and that both got on and looks like they had plenty of fun

Joy likes this.
  4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Sounds great!
    Hope it was as good fun for you as your dogs.

Joy likes this.
  5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Looks like fun was had by all. Lovely photo's xxx :)

6. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Looks amazing! Do you have a link to the cottage you stayed in? Always on the hunt for nice dog friendly cottages :)

7. Joy

Joy Registered Users

https://www.ownersdirect.co.uk/acco...362+80c0dd02-e177-4333-a62c-24c9facac7f1-hasc

Although called a cottage, it is actually a modern end-of-terrace (3 bedrooms) on the edge of a housing estate -but very quiet. The back garden is completely enclosed but very small. However, as I've said, lots of good dog walking places.