Dummies

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Sven, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Hi,

Not sure where to post, so thought try here first.

I have ordered a few books etc. and am looking at dummies. Where I live there is nothing around in the shops, so have to turn to internet.
    I came across the dummies from the Working Dog Company, and wanted to know if anybody has any opinion on these?
    I am a novice in all of this, and there is a lot to choose from.
    Just want to make sure I get the right thing

Appreciate any assistance.

Cheers

2. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I have some of the shaped dummies from there and they're good. I would suggest getting regular shaped dummies too - the WDC ones are very highly prized by my two adults and can send them a bit giddy! They also have stitching that Willow likes to try to unpick, given the chance. If you can, a range of colours is good - blue are generally easy for the dog to see, red are hard for them to see (but easy for us). I buy my regular 1lb ones from Sporting Saint.

3. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Thanks yes was thinking of different colours. Out of interest which ones did you get from WDC as they have a 2 types. Slightly different in size.
    Will get some regular ones too.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I just use the partridge ones from WDC. I think they're a good size to start out with that shape of dummy. I have an easy mark black and white one, and a red one.

5. Sven

Sven Registered Users

Thanks for the advise. As always very helpfull