Durable toys for EXTREME chewers!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Pipsy girl, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Pipsy girl

Pipsy girl Registered Users

Hey everyone!
    Let's just say my one year old dog can destroy any toy with ease within an hour tops !o_O That includes the whole line of Kong extreme toys! Has anyone had any luck finding toys/brands that are SUPER durable? Thanks!

2. Dalliance

Dalliance Registered Users

Personally I can recommend Nylabone Durachew , Bella my 2 year old Lab when she is in a "chewie" mood loves nothing more than a good gnaw on hers , they are a heavy "toy" and so would not recommend one for throwing for "fetch" etc and also you have to watch for when they are ready to be replaced ( I replace when the knuckles of the bone shape have gone ) .
    I have used these for several years and with 2 previous dogs ( 1 - Ebony a black lab who lived until she was 13 and 2 - Ben a German Shepherd who lived until he was 8 ) and have never had any problems , just make sure that you get a "real " Nylabone and not one of the pet shop / supermarket knock offs .

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

The problem with these very hard things for power chewers is that a power chewer will, by its very nature, bite down hard on them, and so the risk of breaking teeth is very real. I'd avoid hard chews (Nylabones, antlers etc) anyway, but especially for power chewers. The Anco roots might be worth looking at. They are a natural root which appears hard at first inspection, but they become softer as the dog chews them. I'd still be concerned about teeth being worn with a power chewer, however, and would probably rather just use the extreme kongs, under supervision. I know that's not ideal if you are hoping to leave them with her to occupy yourself while you're out, though.