early rise!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Charlie_2013, Sep 9, 2013.

1. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Re: early rise!!

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=2505.msg25274#msg25274 date=1378928362]
    Off the INSIDE of your windows, Helen???
    [/quote]

Been there,done that ;)
    First winter in our first house. Single glazed. No central heating. Large stone fireplace in the sitting room that the predecessors thought needed the back-boiler ripped out of :mad:
    Moved in, during February (in Scotland)
    Decided it was necessary for our survival to splash out on the central heating within the first month - a prority over actually buying a bed - the mattress on the floor sufficed for quite a while ;D

2. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Oh yes Rachael ice on the INSIDE of the windows. Our house is a 250 year old Georgian house with 2 foot thick chalk walls, sash windows, with NO double glazing as it's Grade II listed, high ceilings and oil heating and fire places to burn logs. I am not kidding when I say we can see our own breathe in our house in the depths of winter, I am dreading it already :eek:. Having said that in the summer it is so beautifully cool everyone is then envious of us.
    Helen x

3. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

When it gets down to 18 degrees in Dubai in the 'Winter' I am often heard to muse....I wish we had a fire!!! ;)

My SIL bought me one of those DVDs of different fires as a bit of a joke.....I have been known to put it on while wearing and extra jumper and a pair of socks!
    Your house sounds gorgeous Helen x

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=charlie link=topic=2505.msg25315#msg25315 date=1378970634]
    Oh yes Rachael ice on the INSIDE of the windows. Our house is a 250 year old Georgian house with 2 foot thick chalk walls, sash windows, with NO double glazing as it's Grade II listed, high ceilings and oil heating and fire places to burn logs. I am not kidding when I say we can see our own breathe in our house in the depths of winter, I am dreading it already :eek:. Having said that in the summer it is so beautifully cool everyone is then envious of us.
    Helen x
    [/quote]

I'm a 100 years ahead of you - but the Victorians hadn't made a lot of progress with the whole warm house thing...they must have been a hardy lot! House sounds fab though!