ecstatic noodle ears!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Lara, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Does anyone’s dog put their ears in a funny shape when very happy? The Pig pricks up her ears when something exciting is happening, I am giving her a command or a treat is coming. But when she is just really happy to see me, she does something different; she twists her ears round so they cup her face and look like little petals. And a few times I succeeded in getting her so happy and wiggly that she twisted them twice which ended up with a funny spiral ear like fusilli pasta! Anyone else’s dog get ecstatic noodle ears? Might be her pointer pants if not! I tried to get a photo but not very good as too wiggly....

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Atemas, 20180815, FayRose and 14 others like this.
  2. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Love her and her ears :chuckle:

Lara and chrisc831 like this.
  3. selina27

selina27 Registered Users

Oh she's such a little love, no I can't say I have seen a dog do that. Cassie does have a funny pleased to see you face, sort of puffs out the floppy bits outside her jaws, which I find endearing .

4. leejane

leejane Mum to the Mooster

No, I haven't seen that before, you've got a special little pig there with independent ears
    Monty does full on body wags and laughs at me, but I don't think his ears really move much unless he is anxious, or actively listening out for something

Lara likes this.
  5. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

SO cute!

Lara likes this.
  6. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

She's just so lovely.

Lara likes this.
  7. MF

MF Registered Users

So sweet! Lovely photos!! Snowie’s ears scrunch up when he’s happy - we call them his happy ears. Not fusilli like the Pig, but pricked up and kind of like swollen petals cupping his face. Usually does it when we come home, or someone visits - then he finds a toy to carry around and parades around with it with tail wagging and his ears scrunched up.

8. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

She is a very special pointer pants Pig! That is just awesome, I love it and her so much.

Lara likes this.
  9. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Ooh you need to get a photo of happy puffy jowls, that sounds very cute!

selina27 likes this.
  10. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

No noodle ears here, just Willow's "smile" and Squidge's full body wag - both of which I copy because it's hysterical. No, I don't have a video. :)

11. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Well the swollen petal thing sounds like the Pig’s Happy Ears Stage 1! Perhaps you coming home, a visitor arriving AND a new toy all at the same time might tip him over into Fusilli! :D The Pig generally only reaches Stage 1 Petal Ears, unless in extraordinary noodley circumstances!

selina27 and MF like this.
  12. FayRose

FayRose Registered Users

Utterly adorable :inlove:

Lara likes this.
  13. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Erm, we need one!

14. 20180815

20180815 Guest

My dog's do that, we call it his Tulip Ear :D

leejane, edzbird, selina27 and 7 others like this.
  15. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Haha, you could collect rain in that :D

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2018
  16. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Poppy does what we call 'crinkle ears' that look like the Pig's - but she does it when she is worried. How strange to see 'noodle ears' when your dog is happy! I have to say @Lara , in the first picture I would have taken that to be an anxious expression, rather than a happy one.

17. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Yes I actually thought the photo looked kind of anxious, I guess you can’t see the associated movements along with it (joyous wriggles and leaping kisses!). It was also her having difficulties holding a sit for the photo because her bum was waggling too much. When she is worried they are pushed up and back, and she seems to push them down and twists them when happy. Perhaps she learnt her ear language wrong when she was a pup!

Karen likes this.
  18. Lara

Lara Registered Users

Oh hooray! A fellow noodle ear!

20180815 likes this.
  19. 20180815

20180815 Guest

My dog's ears don't seem to be associated with any particular mood, they just seem to happen spontaneously from time to time. He's a silly boy through and through :chuckle:

20. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

Red does the most amazing body wags when she is happy. They make us smile and laugh and sometimes I copy her :rolleyes:. Sky manages to do something with her ears and face when she’s happy that makes her look like a teddy bear - I will try to capture this so I can share. It’s hard to explain but her fur goes all soft and silky and her ears very velvety.