Eeekk puppies really do eat anything

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by ladyrattlesUK, Aug 27, 2014.

1. AnnetteB

AnnetteB Registered Users

Re: Eeekk puppies really do eat anything

Rachzon where do you live to have cane toads? We are in Brisbane so have them too. Thankfully Milly hasn't taken much notice of them. Helps that she doesn't really like being outside in the dark:)

2. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=ladyrattlesUK link=topic=7536.msg135694#msg135694 date=1420722386]

Someone else told me their dog had a horrible upset tummy after eating a tea bag, so it must disagree with them. Your poor pup.

[/quote]

He was fine apart from extended crazy time.

3. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

I can confirm that pups do indeed eat anything.....and to think we very nearly called her Grace!!

[​IMG]

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Aww....lovely photo!

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

;D Did she eat the spider or just the web or both? You could hire her out as a cobweb cleaning service ;)

6. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

It does boggle the mind what they can eat. The thing that most amazed me (not the worst thing, mind) very early on after we first got Simba (he was almost a year) he ate half a soft rubber soccer ball. He basically swallowed it whole in about 3 seconds while on the run from my daughter who was trying to get it off him. I was trying to explain my concern to my hubby but he hadn't seen the other half so he couldn't see what the big deal was ("oh, he'll just puke it up")....until about 3 days later (!) when I was out and the pooch ralfed up the other half of the ball. :eek:

7. LisaB

LisaB Registered Users

My 7 month old Welly has given me a few scares of this nature. I've often had to pull a socks out of his mouth/throat! I was astonished the first time....couldn't believe he was about to swallow the thing whole! He once sicked up a pair of my pants he'd stolen in the middle of the night! So far he's eaten a couple of pairs of shoes, wrecked numerous pairs of socks, underpants and pj's, he's chewed and swallowed the limbs of his soft toys....as someone posted usually he either sicks them up or they come out the other end thankfully...

That said we are now much more careful with leaving clothes around but he's quite good really and not done too much damage to furniture etc, and can be left without creating chaos so I do consider myself very lucky. Filled and frozen kongs have been my godsend....Welly goes through 3 or more a day (I'm careful to moderate his meals to compensate) but I'm hoping these are providing him with a positive outlet for any chewing and help when I need to make sure he is proactively occupied when unsupervised

8. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welly is a lovely name ;D

9. Leanangle

Leanangle Registered Users

[quote author=LisaB link=topic=7536.msg136069#msg136069 date=1420887398]
    My 7 month old Welly has given me a few scares of this nature. I've often had to pull a socks out of his mouth/throat! I was astonished the first time....couldn't believe he was about to swallow the thing whole! He once sicked up a pair of my pants he'd stolen in the middle of the night! So far he's eaten a couple of pairs of shoes, wrecked numerous pairs of socks, underpants and pj's, he's chewed and swallowed the limbs of his soft toys....as someone posted usually he either sicks them up or they come out the other end thankfully...

That said we are now much more careful with leaving clothes around but he's quite good really and not done too much damage to furniture etc, and can be left without creating chaos so I do consider myself very lucky. Filled and frozen kongs have been my godsend....Welly goes through 3 or more a day (I'm careful to moderate his meals to compensate) but I'm hoping these are providing him with a positive outlet for any chewing and help when I need to make sure he is proactively occupied when unsupervised
    [/quote]

[quote author=Boogie link=topic=7536.msg136070#msg136070 date=1420887677]
    Welly is a lovely name ;D
    [/quote]

Pleas please please tell me his long name is wellington?

10. LisaB

LisaB Registered Users

No sorry Welly is short for Llewellyn although he sometimes gets called Wellington by my husband or Boot!! we spent a long time as a family discussing names and Llewellyn (Welly for short) was one we could all agree on. It's Welsh and means Lion! I'll post a picture and introduce myself and him properly on the forum if I can work out how to do it ...I'm new/still learning.

11. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Love Llewellyn for a name :) and Welly for short is even better! May have to steal that one day :)

12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=7536.msg136180#msg136180 date=1420915265]
    Love Llewellyn for a name :) and Welly for short is even better! May have to steal that one day :)
    [/quote]
    :eek:
    You're not....not already?!?!

13. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Gordon Setter for Barbara next ;)

Llewellyn/Welly is a great name indeed.

14. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Oberon link=topic=7536.msg136220#msg136220 date=1420929710]
    Gordon Setter for Barbara next ;)
    [/quote]

Ooooooo yes!!!

15. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Llewelyn ....love it...

And he ate a whole pair of pants??? Wow... 8)

16. Petrina

Petrina Registered Users

This week 7 month Bailey has eaten two tampax ( I thought less pol die to reducing midday feeding) oh no once tampax came out lots!!!!!!!)
    Daughters knickers and a poster!
    That's what she gets for letting him in her room!

17. allycat228

allycat228 Registered Users

Darcey has just decided to eat a small tub of Lurpak butter, I would say i am due lots of runny poos tomorrow :-\

18. AnnetteB

Oh Yuck! That will not be a fun cleanup. I don't envy you at all.

It just amazes me the things these dogs will eat. Thankfully Milly doesn't eat any socks or clothes or plastic stuff. She will chew plastics if she can get them. But eats anything food or gross like cat poo. She stole a croissant of one of the kids yesterday and swallowed it whole. Not one single chew. Doubt that she even tasted it. Lol she was totally making sure no one could get it off her little monster.

19. allycat228

allycat228 Registered Users

[quote author=AnnetteB link=topic=7536.msg141984#msg141984 date=1423170692]
    Oh Yuck! That will not be a fun cleanup. I don't envy you at all.

It just amazes me the things these dogs will eat. Thankfully Milly doesn't eat any socks or clothes or plastic stuff. She will chew plastics if she can get them. But eats anything food or gross like cat poo. She stole a croissant of one of the kids yesterday and swallowed it whole. Not one single chew. Doubt that she even tasted it. Lol she was totally making sure no one could get it off her little monster.
    [/quote]

Apart from poos being a bit soft no difference at all, she must have a cast iron stomach lol, Hope Milly is not suffering any after effects either

20. AnnetteB

Oh that's great. I think someone else on here a while back had a butter incident with some very gross cleanup afterward. Lol Milly is fine she does have a cast iron stomach.