Ended up being Germador Sheptrievers..

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Jeffnsandy, Mar 1, 2021.

1. Jeffnsandy

Jeffnsandy Registered Users

Greetings from Beautiful Fort Garland, Colorado, USA..:) after my 10 year old golden retriever service dog (CANDY) passed away, I decided no more dogs.. That was June of 2019.. I'm coming up on 2 years of being dog free and I was feeling like I was missing something in life... So we started the search for a companion animal.. On nov. 21-2020 we found 8 week old black lab (so we thought) puppies at the San Luis animal center in Alamosa, Colo. And adopted 2 female sisters. Opal, 8 pounds and Onyx, 11 pounds... All black except for 10 white chest hairs and a some white hairs on their lower belly area.. Look like labs except for the pointy snout and long tail.. Beautiful animals.. Got their shots.. Housebroken at 10 weeks.. Got them separate kennels.. Got them spayed, Even adopted 2 cats for them.. Dogs without cats is like day without light..
    Well it's 15 weeks later and I just got their DNA Results back... 52% Labrador retriever.. 47% German Shepard and 1% Swiss white Shepard.(had no idea about swiss Shepards).. They're now 50 and 55 lbs.. Apparently they are going to be in the 100 to 120 pound range when they stop growing, not the 70 pounds I was thinking.. I'm still keeping them.. If ya get out this way look us up.. We will be at the lake learning how to be the best Damn service animals ever.. Love this site and it's lessons...

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Jeff, Sandy, Opal and Onyx, welcome to the forum :)

They're beautiful girls, I'm sure they're going to do you proud!

3. Edp

Edp Registered Users

How lovely. I think your comment about cats and dogs is so true too. Welcome to the forum.