Equafleece

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Penny+Me, Mar 10, 2014.

1. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Re: Equafleece

[quote author=editor link=topic=4816.msg60132#msg60132 date=1394547942]
    I'd also be interested in your thoughts on the dryer Julie, if you get one.
    [/quote]

I've ordered it. I was hesitating, but then decided that it would be so useful after walks, swims and rain - bit tired of messing around keeping a damp dog off the sofa. So much easier just to have a dry dog.

I think I've ordered the same brand and type as they have at the hydro place, but I'll certainly try it out and say how I get on.

2. Indy

Indy Registered Users

Looks to be a nice bit of kit, you will be doing shampoo and sets next ;D

Not much use on the shoot unless it will work from the cigarette lighter in car ::)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

That looks like the one that Lilly gets after hydrotherapy.
    She is happy to be blown dry with this (now) but interestingly still freaks out with a domestic hairdryer.

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author=Indy link=topic=4816.msg60218#msg60218 date=1394567988]
    Not much use on the shoot unless it will work from the cigarette lighter in car ::)
    [/quote]

No, Indy, it wouldn't be. But it's ok, because Charlie's hair dryer doesn't want to go shooting. It says it's anti-blood sports. ;D

5. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Would be interested to know Murffi's size Heidrun, when you have a moment. That would probably do for Meg.

[/quote]

Pippa, I just measured Murffi's jumper. It is 20 inches long in the back, not measuring the little polo neck. Ziggy's in comparison is 25 inches long. The size chart is a little confusing on the Equafleece website. It might be best to give them a ring. Murffi's fit is the normal one, but it is quite generous on him. He is not a small cocker, more the size of Alice. Meg might be a little smaller?

6. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

The sizes of the equafleeces are quite strange. Penny is in a 24" coat although she measure 21" from her collar to tail. The length of their coats is measured from the centre of the chest round their side down to the bum. Generally speaking this is about two inches longer than the back measurement.

There's a pic on their website of how you need to measure your dog but I still didn't get it right! I'm seeing mine back and getting a 26" one.

7. hd

hd Registered Users

Im sulking as I want a like button. I know people voted against them but I want to like julies anti blood sport hair dryer. :-X

8. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Gotta love an appliance with principles.

9. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Goodness, I'm amazed at the fleece thing! I thought I had lots of dog gear, but the most complicated drying equipment I have is lots of dog towels and an old sleeping bag in the back of the car! Mind you, although it gets very cold here in the winter, it is a lot drier. I suppose if we do end up going shooting in the UK more next season, I might end up investing.. ;)

10. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Thanks Heidrun, Meg is quite small, she only weighs around 22lbs. So I probably need the next size down.

11. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=4816.msg60137#msg60137 date=1394550183]
    [/quote]

I've ordered it. I was hesitating, but then decided that it would be so useful after walks, swims and rain - bit tired of messing around keeping a damp dog off the sofa. So much easier just to have a dry dog.

I think I've ordered the same brand and type as they have at the hydro place, but I'll certainly try it out and say how I get on.
    [/quote]

That's it. Now you have the hairdryer, you can get a spaniel as your second dog.

If you thought Charlie was slow to dry... Wet spaniel + dog towel = wet spaniel and wet dog towel.
    Clare

12. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

[quote author link=topic=4816.msg60374#msg60374 date=1394634251]
    If you thought Charlie was slow to dry... Wet spaniel + dog towel = wet spaniel and wet dog towel.
    Clare
    [/quote]

;D ;D ;D

Yes, all that hair....

I think it'll be a bit messy so might have to set it up in the shed. The dryer sort of blasts the water off the coat (rather than the action of a human hair dryer) and it flies off Charlie in a fine spray. Note to self - don't air blaster a muddy dog inside...

13. ClareJ

ClareJ Registered Users

[quote author=JulieT link=topic=4816.msg60380#msg60380 date=1394635661]

The dryer sort of blasts the water off the coat (rather than the action of a human hair dryer) and it flies off Charlie in a fine spray. Note to self - don't air blaster a muddy dog inside...
    [/quote]

Hmm... we're back to a large, blank canvas for dog art again.
    Clare

14. Jules

Jules Registered Users

I got an Equafleece recently for my old black girl, Mojo. She does love to swim in the sea, but then she shivers and shakes for hours afterwards, because she gets so cold and takes so long for her to dry off. Equafleece are great for wicking away the wet and keeping the animal warm at the same time. I'd had a one of their rugs for my horse and it was just the ticket after he'd got a sweat on.

Anyway, I measured her up using the Equafleece guide and put in my order, but when it came, it fitted her like a sausage skin :-\ . I had such trouble getting it off, I thought she was going to have to live in it forever ;) . Out of interest, I tried in on Pickle, who's a bit smaller and it fitted her perfectly. So I ended up ordering a second, larger one for Mojo and now I have matching, spoiled pooches :p .

[​IMG]

Neither of my girls are huge (about 25kgs), although Mojo has a bigger chest and I ended up with the 26" for Pickle and a 28" for Mojo, if that's any help. 8)

15. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

What a brilliant photo Jules :) :)

Millie dries very quickly but Sam stays soggy for ages, would like one for him for when we go away especially , I guess he would need XXL ::)

16. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

What a lovely photo Jules - gorgeous girls :)

17. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

So funny! The hairdryer arrived. I was so surprised it had "motorcycle dryer" written on it! It had been marketed as a dog hair dryer!

Anyway, it's almost exactly the same as the dog dryers at hydro, and a quick bit of research shows that there are two markets for these dryers: drying dogs, and drying precious motorbikes before they are stored away!

Here is the motorbike dryer (!:(

http://www.flickr.com/photos/97932779@N08/13129595995/

I can't try it on a dog yet, because I don't have one right now...but I know they work well, as I used them all the time at hydro. Very good rub off with an water sucking towel, and this will get a lab almost dry in about 5 minutes, maybe a bit more if you want the thick ruff around neck and chest really dry too.

18. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Gorgeous photo Jules :)

19. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Beautiful dogs Jules :)

Hmm not sure about dog fleeces :-\

20. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

[quote author=charlie link=topic=4816.msg60672#msg60672 date=1394735028]
    Beautiful dogs Jules :)

Hmm not sure about dog fleeces :-\
    [/quote]

What do you not like about the fleeces, Helen? They are fantastic to warm and dry dogs. I would be lost without mine and my dogs would not be as comfy and cosy without them after a long day out working or training in the middle of winter. ;)