Eye Drops and Ear Drops

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Megan H, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Megan H

Megan H Registered Users

Our puppy Kali has pink eye and an yeast infection in her ear. We are really struggling getting the eye drops in. We can get close but the bottle is so hard to squeeze that we keep on missing. Any tips?

Although not as difficult we struggle with the ear cleaning/ medicine. Since she loves the water so much we have a feeling this is something that we will have to do more than we would like. I do not want to traumatize her. We try to make it has fun as possible and use lots of treats but it still is a struggle. Any tips are greatly appreciated.

2. jbg

jbg Registered Users

Have you tried to put them in when she is dead asleep? We have been using drops all summer due to some terrible eye allergies. Our Maggie will sit for cheese, let me put the drops in and then she gets more cheese. I have to hold her head almost in a head lock with my left arm not with pressure but so I can use my forfinger and thumb to retract the eye and then use my right hand to drop the drops in. The smaller the bottle the easier. Anyway, when we first got started I would wait till she was sleeping/napping and put them in. Most times she didn't even wake up.

Megan H likes this.