Family Feuds!!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Olivia__, Feb 6, 2017.

1. Olivia__

Olivia__ Registered Users

Definetly a thought. We will see if things improve.

2. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

Me and my OH used to disagree a lot about how to train Stanley. I just carried on doing it my way and once OH saw my results and how much closer me and Stanley were he decided to come to some training classes with me.

Now he's completely on board and him and Stanley are best of friends. Stanley actually prefers him now! :mad:

Olivia__ likes this.
  3. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

I'm so sorry you have to deal with a person like that - I understand completely, my father was the same when we lived under the same roof. Bailey is my first "my dog", we had family dogs while I was growing up - I remember playing with them and my dad raising his voice (OK he shouted) at both me and the dogs to stop playing inside as we would "wear the carpet out" - after a few times of this, yes we did wear the carpet out as we left the room when he walked in!

When Bailey was around 14 weeks old we went to visit my father - I was dreading it, a new puppy, "in training" and my father :eek: - however, when we arrived I explained that we were using force free training and we would be correcting him if needed. Amazingly dad accepted it and we had a lovely weekend - both he and my step-mum adore Bailey, but I do see them rolling their eyes when B is doing his lunatic moments and I can almost hear "well our way works" rolling around their minds!

I do have the advantage that you do not of having my own home - it is not going to be easy for you, but the suggestions above are excellent - and remember we are all hear to listen if needed.

Good luck x

4. Olivia__

Olivia__ Registered Users

Thanks so much. Maybe there's a light at the end of the tunnel.

Samantha Jones likes this.
  5. Samantha Jones

Samantha Jones Registered Users

There is, but mine was a long tunnel - hopefully yours can be a short one I am sure if I was defending my pup when my father and I were living in the same house mine would have been shorter too.

Olivia__ likes this.
  6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

My husband was very 'old school' when we got Harley, but I intervened very quickly. It did end up in a few arguements but he soon saw how my method worked and got onboard with it. My MIL went to pin Harley down because she jumped up at her when they first met (she ignored my request to turn her back!), my OH quickly grabbed Harley and told his mum that she wasn't to lay a finger on her. I ended up staying outside in the garden with Harley until they left. It is really difficult and i am glad you are doing what you can to make things better.

Pilatelover, Jyssica and Olivia__ like this.