Feeling fed up ....

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by LooneyLuna, Jun 13, 2017.

1. Atemas

Atemas Registered Users

I think a lot of really interesting thoughts and feelings and realities are being expressed in this thread. Since getting Red as an eight week old puppy, I have struggled in so many ways (you know about them in my Puppy Blues thread). She is a really lovely puppy and we are in a good routine and she is responding well to training but I would be lying if I said I was ok. The hardest part now is the loss of independence where just having the one older dog - life was so much easier. I could come and go with minimal effort and we could arrange holidays and days out easily. I could see and help my family as much as I liked. I would regularly see friends where ever and whenever I wanted. I could be as lazy or as busy as I wanted here at home.

For the time being that has changed immensely. Everything now feels like it has to be micro managed and planned. Some days I find it difficult when I feel tired or unwell and I start to feel resentful BUT

We made the decision to have her and I am totally committed to that. I try to see everything through her 'eyes' and balance her days a bit like I would a toddler. I think I am lucky to be in a position where I can do this.

I love what @snowbunny and @Boogie have said and I think @Boogie you have contrary to what you have said, expressed it really well. Thank you both and also @JenBainbridge for your honesty which has actually helped - it is so good to be able to come here and share and for people to understand.

Granca and selina27 like this.