Fidgety Ferret

Discussion in 'The Rainbow Bridge' started by snowbunny, Oct 24, 2016.

1. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

My poor little lady, Fidget, died this morning.

She had adrenal disease, but was undergoing treatment for it, and seemed happy and well in herself. This morning, she was happily stuffing her face with beef and licking malt paste from her tummy while I clipped her claws.

I was concerned that her sister, Twitch, is showing some signs of the same horrible disease, so J took them back to Andorra with him this morning. When he got to the vet, Twitch came out of the carrier, but Fidget stayed curled up. The vet did what he could, but she had passed away in her sleep. Both J and the vet were in tears.

I know this is a doggy forum, but I know you'll also understand how we're feeling now.

I'm so glad she was so happy to the last. I'm glad she seemed to have no pain or distress from the cancer. I'm glad she went in her sleep. But I'm still so sad, and so sad for Twitch, who I know will miss her terribly.

RIP little lady. You were loved.

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Oh no Fiona, I'm so sorry :(. Poor little Fidget. Poor Twitch. Big hugs to you. xxx

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So sorry to hear this. Loved companions are loved companions, whatever shape they inhabit :(

4. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

I'm so very sorry to hear this. I know she has been a loved part of your family for a long time.

So good to hear she was happy and loved to the end, and passed away in her sleep. Doesn't make the loss any easier for you all right now though. :(

5. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

So sorry to hear about your little Fidget.

I have two bunnies, and although they don't play as large a role in my life as Stanley, I love them very much so I can imagine how you must be feeling.

Hope you're all ok, and Willow and Shawdow are cheering up their mum and dad X

6. snowbunny

Shadow is helping the best he can. By making sure my face and ear canals are as clean as they can be, and by bringing me anything and everything he can fit in his mouth.

Saba's Boss, Granca, FayRose and 3 others like this.
  7. SwampDonkey

SwampDonkey Registered Users

So sorry

8. Kelsey&Axel

Kelsey&Axel Registered Users

So sorry to read this.

How sweet of Shadow to be helping you in the best ways he knows how.

9. Joy

Joy Registered Users

So sorry for your loss.

10. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

I'm so sorry to hear about Fidget. These small pets really worm their way into our hearts.

11. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

So sorry, Fiona. RIP little Fidget, sweet ferrity dreams.

12. Emily_BabbelHund

Emily_BabbelHund Longest on the Forum without an actual dog

I'm so sorry for your loss. They both looked like such charming ladies in the photo you posted recently. I hope Twitch will be healthy for as long as possible and not be too lonely for her sister. Sending hugs. :hug:

13. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

So sorry, Fiona. And you had just posted photos of the two of them! Glad Shadow is helping you to stay nice and clean! He understands what is going on. They are so intuitive.

14. PawPrints

PawPrints Registered Users

Very sorry for your loss. They seemed like quite the pair and I know she will be missed.

15. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

So sorry to hear this.:( Sending hugs to you. Hope Twitch will cope ok. I'm sure it will distressing for her. RIP Fidget, you were loved to the end.

16. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Dear little Fidget, you will miss her as will Twitch. She sounded as if she had a good and fulfilling life and that is what we all can give them, however long or short their lives may be. So sorry.

17. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

So terribly sad. I'm really sorry.

18. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

RIP Fidget. I hope you, J and Twitch can find solace with each other. Glad the pupsters are helping xxx

19. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh how sad, terribly sad...:(:(

20. snowbunny

Thanks everyone. I've been completely rubbish today. Went for a long run this evening, which the dogs loved and helped me forget about things for a while. I've always been an avid hater of running, but I've just discovered I quite like trail running. Because I'm new, it hurts pretty quickly, which is what I needed so I could focus on my lungs exploding.

I'm just about to pour myself a big glass of something to drown my sorrows and cuddle up under the duvet with the pooches.

J is back in Andorra, giving Twitch lots of cuddles. It's hard with him there and me here. We'll have the results of Twitch's scan back in a couple of days. Fingers crossed for good news.

Rosie likes this.