First visit to the park and we let her off the lead!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Emily, Jul 7, 2015.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Awww she's lovely!!

We were at the beach yesterday - miles of flat golden sand, with hardly a person about. Near the rather more crowded end there were a couple with a gorgeous yellow lab puppy, about six months old, on a harness and extendable lead. Sad really - a perfect opportunity to let the pup run around freely, as there was no way he could have got into any major trouble. Hadn't read the Happ Puppy Handbook, obviously, nor joined the forum yet!

2. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Just for you Fiona ☺
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Well done Ella. She is so cute. :D

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hee hee, look at the belly!! Ripe for having a raspberry or two blown on it :rolleyes:

5. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Glad I'm not the only one that did that to her pup :D:D

6. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Love the belly
    I let harley off lead as much as possible - she has at let an hour a day off lead. I think it's importan to let the, explore and run off some of their energy

7. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Scrummy tummy.

8. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

How absolutely gorgeous, such a delightf puppy, it seems a lifetime Mabel was that small, she's only 7 months . Well done for being brave. I felt exactly the same as you it's a heart in mouth moment but so worth it. Thanks for sharing your photos xx

9. snowbunny

Only with Willow.... Shadow seemed to have too many bits in the way ;)

Maybe that should be on the list of reasons when people ask if they should get a girl or a boy. Belly raspberries are so much easier on a girl!

10. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

Just choked on my mug of tea reading that. Still only have to make a raspberry sound for Juno to start acting puppyish. Sigh, they grow up to fast ☹

11. Emily

Emily Registered Users

Haha, yep belly raspberries are very common in our house! She's starting to get a little bit of belly hair though so our days my be limited. Our little girl is growing up so fast :(

12. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Sorry?Belly raspberries only for puppies?Dont tell Dexter that!
    Ella is gorgeous and I'm so glad you are letting her run free to explore.I can remember the terrifying feeling unclipping the lead and like you Emily,thinking I would never see him again!
    We met a 4 year old retriever in the indoor dog park last week , in my usual quest to get Dexter as many friends to walk with as I can I suggested coming out with us for a walk in the desert and his owner said she was too scared as he'd never been off the lead and was sure he would run away
    It was lovely to see him kicking up his heels running about in the free space x

13. snowbunny

Oh, that's so sad. Four years old and never had a hoon around outside? I know in some places dog owners don't have the opportunity to let their dogs off lead, but if you do have the chance, it's so sad to not take it.

14. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

I couldn't agree more, I've just seen my neighbours working cocker he's 4 weeks younger than Mabel and still on his lead, it's perfectly safe where they were walking, Mabel was off lead in the same area at 11 weeks. She said she's scared he will run off so she's yet to let him off. I know how difficult it is but you just have to go for it.