First wee and poo in the morning

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Yvonne, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Yvonne

Yvonne Registered Users

My almost 8 month old yellow lab Cooper ALWAYS takes his sweet time first thing in the morning to wee and poo. He has not been out for at least TEN hours but he will sit at the top of the outdoor stairs (on the deck) and sniff the air and look around for at least 5, 10, 15 minutes and I will finally have to say: go and do wee wees and potty. Even then he will sort of look at me and stay there.
    What is it with him??? Do any of you have the same situation? I am thinking ahead to Winter when I don't want to be out with him. Shouldn't he NEED to go first thing in the morning?
    Thank you!

2. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: First wee and poo in the morning

Yes - I call Tatze a camel!

These days I have stopped worrying about it and give her breakfast and wait for her to ask to go out.
    She does, eventually!

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Harley also has a bladder like a camel! I make a coffee then let her out......she can take 5-15 mins to go too. I personally don't mind her taking her time though :)

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

We are all in the same club.
    Lilly is 4 and a half now, but can go a good 12 hours plus without a loo stop.
    Won't go out on work mornings (she can tell) without waiting for her breakfast first.

Actually. I tell a lie. She WILL go out - she steps out on the back doorstep, turns 360degrees and heads right back in. ::)

5. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

[quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=8494.msg120120#msg120120 date=1414434022]
    She WILL go out - she steps out on the back doorstep, turns 360degrees and heads right back in. ::)
    [/quote]

Surely if she turns 360 degrees she's still going out?

Sorry :D

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

[quote author=snowbunny link=topic=8494.msg120133#msg120133 date=1414435527]
    [quote author=drjs@5 link=topic=8494.msg120120#msg120120 date=1414434022]
    She WILL go out - she steps out on the back doorstep, turns 360degrees and heads right back in. ::)
    [/quote]

Surely if she turns 360 degrees she's still going out?

Sorry :D
    [/quote]
    Ha Ha Ha!
    Yes caught out there....been working too hard today my brain is frazzled (she says to cover up both her useless maths and useless sense of direction)
    ;D ;D ;D ;D

7. Kirriegirl

Kirriegirl Registered Users

Mira runs to her pee spot, runs to her poo spot and races back in - for breakfast of course! Sometimes (presumably when she's super-hungry) she comes back having only done one and gets sent back to finish the job. Then she breaks the world land speed record coming back ;D

8. lemmys mum

lemmys mum Registered Users

:) we call this Lemmy behaviour his morning meditation as he goes out sits on back doorstep and gazes into sky watching seagulls on church roof for good ten minutes till I find slippers he has normally stolen and hidden in his bed,take him out and remind him why I'm up a good hour before I want be. He'll then do pee for ages looking at me like he thinks he's broken his plumbing then runs in and sits paw in air for brekkie only today I realised he's trained me to feed him before a. My eyes are even focusing and b. I've put kettle on .ones things for certain this pup is not daft!

9. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

I've got an odd dog! In part down to me and our routine and in part to him.He won't toilet on our property...trying to train him to before last Summer only resulted in him holding it in for 10 hours during the day.... ??? He would have gone longer I'm sure ...
    Our climate is quite extreme at times so Pur normal routine has become me get up and get straight out on a big walk with Dexter and he has his breakfast when we get home....he takes about 5-10 mins into the walk to wee and it's usually about 15 mins before he poos.