Flickr and iPad - no-go?

Discussion in 'Technical & Help' started by Lisa, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Does anyone else post pictures successfully from Flickr when you're on an iPad? I haven't been able to do this for awhile. It used to work I'd you copied the Bb code but that doesn't work for me anymore. What am I missing? Or is this just not an option anymore?

2. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

It works fine on my ipad. The only tricky bit is actually copying the BBcode, which is a bit tricky. I posted a vid of that a while ago, and it seemed to help at the time (if I remember correctly) so assume your problem is now different.

What's happening (or not), exactly?

3. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

Exactly the same for me, I've given up trying.

4. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Julie,your video was perfect and really helped me, thankyou but only .for a very little while....it just became impossible to pick up the bbcode....so I swapped to photobucket and it's really easy.....Lisa,it's easy to set up an account too....I'd do that rather than get frustrated with Flickr x

5. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Get the Flickstakr app. You can upload to Flickr easily direct from your iPad photo album. That's what I use.

6. Joy

Joy Registered Users

I can't view any videos that people post on flickr when using my Kindle, which is what I mostly use - OK on PC. The new site sadly just doesn't work as well on Kindle.

7. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

But the videos don't really have anything to do with the new forum software (not that I'm saying it's perfect, because it's definitely not!!!!) because videos are hosted on other services. I often have issues viewing Flickr videos, but that's nothing to do with vBulletin; it's just something to do with the combination of my setup and Flickr.

8. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

I guess I missed that video, Julie, I'll have a look. What happens is that I try to copy the Bb code, but somehow the code seems incomplete (only one square bracket at the beginning but none at the end, and there's lots of space at the end so you think it's the end, if you know what I mean). So of course when I copy/paste on the forum post, the string of letters/numbers I posted is there, but it is not a hyperlink nor does the pic show up. So I dunno what the problem is. It's more a problem with Flickr than the forum software I think, but I just can't figure out what the deal is.

9. Anne123

Anne123 Registered Users

I uses photobucket and managed to upload photo's from my iPad! It is very simple!

10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Ok well I guess I will have to give photobucket a shot then. Seems like it works better than Flickr, so will give it a go.

11. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Not to beat a dead horse or anything...but I looked at the vid, Julie, and I can't get it to work. Here is my screen shot of the window that's opens up when I try to get the Bb code

https://flic.kr/p/zCazgW

So you can see the code isn't complete (no square bracket at the end). No amount of tapping with one finger or two enables me to get the whole code to be able to copy it.

Just posting this so that if others are having issues they will know they are not alone. I guess I'll have to use photobucket or whatever, but the thought of starting all over again on yet another service with yet another password and uploading my pics to yet another hosting site yada yada yada defeats me somehow. Sigh. I don't believe this is an issue with the new forum software, as Jac said Flickr had an update right about the same time and I think that is the culprit. Not to mention the Mac OS also has recently updated. Just flippin' annoying, is all I can say...

12. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

I have gone over to Photobucket too.
    I now have photos in Dropbox, Flickr AND Photobucket. It's confusing

I switched my automatic upload from my phone sequentially to all 3
    If you do this, then it's better to first move all existing photos into a separate folder on your phone so the new photos you take only are uploaded. Otherwise you use up so much space and can take a couple of weeks if like me you only upload on wifi to stop constantly uploading uploading uploading.
    Sorry if this doesn't make sense will review it later on my laptop

13. MaccieD

MaccieD Guest

I use Flick.r without any problems but I don't use iPhones or iPads but stick with MS on both. Recently I've found that I don't even have to click on the BB code, once I've clicked on Share it is automatically highlighting all the code ........

14. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Yes, I get what you are saying, Jac! I only update photos as I need to, I am using Shoebox (yet another site) to use the cloud to store my photos.

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

What browser are you using on your ipad Lisa?

16. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Safari. Works better with Chrome?