foo

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by simonD, Dec 27, 2018.

1. simonD

simonD Registered Users

afternoon all - just enjoying some quiet time and interested in replies. I have posted a thread in past as our boy has appeared a bit sensitive to some foods in the past. To be honest, I'm not sure anymore. He has struggled with keeping his weight up - a lot better now- fit as a fiddle - intact working male but is family pet not working and only weighs about 23 KG if lucky. I am sure raw would be the best but haven't wanted to go down that route for various reasons - have young child in house, limited freezer capacity, general convenience etc. Of course being a healthy lab, he eats everything and is always hungry. It is what comes out other end that I have judged, rightly or wrongly?, on how good diet is. We have been settled on Millies Wolfheart as it has generally suited him, but still produces lot waste. But, to be honest, when in kennels, he has other similar kibble with no noticeable difference. In the past I used to give quality wet diet to supplement kibble e.g. forthglade or similar. Reason for this post is that yesterday he had solely leftovers from our xmas meal = turkey, veg, gravy etc and noticed his waste was definitely much less than usual - i.e. better diet? This doesn't utterly surprise me but my feelings are that all decent kibble seem the same whatever = not v good - and also ? not as good as wet diets. I have noticed this time and time again but keep getting swayed by convincing marketing by superior kibble manufacturers and I'm beginning to wonder if any kibble is much better than any other. I am prepared go back to a wetter diet and may consider raw but a said before, for various reasons, I just don't want to go raw right now - v long post - sorry - but not sure if this all my imagination. Obviously can't keep experimenting hunting for the dream kibble - I don't believe it exists for us. Any comments welcome - indeed any recommendations? We even tried forthglade new cold pressed kibble , again not great result