Food facts.

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Alfie and me, Oct 11, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Alfie and me

Alfie and me Registered Users

After spending absolutely ages trying to work out the best food for Alfie, looking at the comparison sites and reading just about every question on here about food,I came across an answer given to somebody by @Beanwood and everything fell into place. I had changed from RC to Canagan (shockingly expensive) and although he loves it,although in fairness he loves everything!! I thought he was a looking slightly underweight. After the advice from @Beanwood about the importance of fats to a growing dog I’ve realised that this is probably what Alfie needs. Because he was looking underweight I was giving him more food and of course he’s been pooing for England,poor thing. So I’m going to try the Millie’s Wolfheart Peak Performance and see how we get on. I just wanted to say a huge thank you to @Beanwood (sorry,don’t know your name) because this has been worrying me no end and it’s such a relief to understand that it’s not all about the protein,that the fat is also important for a growing dog. I really don’t know what I’d do without this site it’s absolutely invaluable to me, so many thanks everyone. Xx

Stacia and selina27 like this.
  2. JenBainbridge

JenBainbridge Registered Users

A bit off topic but that's interesting in regards to Canagan.

Stanley is on Canagan and he has thrived on it. It's strange how different dogs require different things isn't it!

Alfie and me likes this.
  3. Alfie and me

Alfie and me Registered Users

It really is,they’re all so different aren’t they? I do think that Canagan is good food but I think that Alfie just needs a bit more weight at the moment.So a bit more fat for him. But not me!!