Forum Supporters: How To Upload A Picture

Discussion in 'Technical & Help' started by lucy@labforumHQ, Feb 19, 2016.

1. Mary Lily

Mary Lily Registered Users

I'm not seeing
    Step 2 Click on 'upload a file' at the bottom of the box

2. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Unfortunate Flickr change their settings and the appearance of pages and we can't keep up with changes. You might need to play around to find out how to copy a link that'll allow you to put an image into your post (as opposed to just a link). In the meantime I've modified the links in your post so they go to the relevant pics :)

3. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

Hi @Mary Lily - the upload facility is only available to forum supporters. That is, members who have paid a £10 subscription fee, which allows them to directly upload pictures, and removes the advertising content.

For members who are not forum supporters, it is necessary to use a third-party photo host. Here is the link to how to do it with Flickr: https://thelabradorforum.com/threads/posting-a-photo-from-flickr-update.10872/

4. puppy mom

puppy mom Registered Users

5. Jacqueline Mckendrick

Jacqueline Mckendrick Penny and me

Hi
    I have same problem ..i have no idea how to get my photos to down load smaller

6. snowbunny

Are you using a phone/tablet or a laptop/desktop computer?

7. puppy mom

puppy mom Registered Users

8. blaser1975

blaser1975 Registered Users

20171218_143113.jpg Ok ill try again

ruth morris, Boogie and snowbunny like this.
  9. ruth morris

ruth morris Registered Users

I would like to pay a£10 subscripsion and send pictures of my new pup I am terrible with computers so help is needed.I have taken pics with my camera that has a card in it .I would like p.eanuts picture to come up with my posts if possible.thankyou all ruthand peanut x

10. snowbunny

Hi Ruth, you don't need to pay the £10 to have Peanut's picture as an avatar. If you're struggling to do that, you can email me the picture and I'll make it your avatar for you. Just drop me a PM and I'll send you my email address.
    The £10 allows you to directly upload pictures to the forum rather than using a third-party host (like Imgur or Flickr). The proviso being that the pictures need to be less than 1MB each, so you may have to resize them on your computer before uploading, depending on how big the files are. If you don't know how to do that, it might be worth looking at the Flickr/Imgur option first, because you can upload to them at any size and then you just put the link in here (there are walkthroughs in the Technical section which will show you how to do that). It depends how "terrible" you are with it all :D

I wouldn't want you to pay your subscription then decide that the free way is better for you - it's supposed to be a bonus, not make things more difficult after all! Although it does also remove the adverts form the forum, so it's not all about the photos :)

Let me know if you would like my email address so you can send me your picture of Peanut to make your avatar.

11. sak69GR

sak69GR Registered Users

[​IMG]

Just checking the procedure

CMartin and drjs@5 like this.
  12. ruth morris

13. ruth morris

thankyou snow bunny,I would like your email then I will get my partner to send pic. via email.thankyou for your help,if you could make it my avatar that would be great.ruthx

14. Christina2807

Christina2807 Registered Users

Luna when she was 3 days old, nearly 13 weeks on and she is so much bigger and full of energy!

Attached Files:

15. Beez5

Beez5 Registered Users

[​IMG] Testing

16. npcarpenter

npcarpenter Registered Users

Is there a way to rotate a picture? My avatar pic is 90 degrees CCW - how can I fix it? It's not that way in the original form...

17. Gaya

Gaya Registered Users

Hi, I am having some trouble with the avatar. For some reason, the picture goes in sideways and not seeing an option to rotate. Can you help? Many thanks.