Frustrated!

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Naya, Jul 24, 2014.

1. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Re: Frustrated!

Thanks Naya! I shall tell Pongo he is a good boy. (Sometimes.)

And yes, Pongo and Benson seemed well matched. I love that in one of the photos on the other thread it looks like they've fallen asleep in each others' loving arms. (Of course, we know it was only a brief pause in the wrestling match...)

R

2. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

Perhaps you could direct them to the forum!

3. Missy33

Missy33 Registered Users

I directed the owner of a chocolate lab near me to the forum but I don't think he's been here yet - at least if he has he's not listened because it still jumped up at me and knocked poor cowering Chip to the ground this week. He tells me that he just needs to keep him busy and he'll calm down eventually and that he'll start his training when he's 2 so that he can just enjoy his puppy years. I don't think I hid the HUGE sigh of 'Good Lord spare me' very well ::)
    I'd also speak to the mum. Or get your hubby to get cross with them again, such a shame when a walk is spoilt.

4. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

I agree, speak to the lady as she does at least recognise that they have a problem , such a shame but dangerous too , a big Lab taking you down by the knees is no joke and very unfair to you :(

5. lablover

lablover Registered Users

Blimey some dog owners are so irresponsible. Hope I'm not boring you, I always seem to have a story to tell about meg. :) Never had a problem when she was younger but now she's older, I get concerned when a dog comes hurtling towards us. I always put her on lead. The owners normally shout," he/she's okay, friendly." I end up having to tell them megs age and say she just can't do rough and tumble anymore. Most people are good, they'll come over and put their dogs on lead but sometimes they call the dog, walk in the other direction expecting their dog to follow which they do and then come hurtling back. Owners have to run back and put their dog on lead. I always feel awful because the dog isn't nasty just wants to play but meg just can't do it.

6. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

[quote author=kateincornwall link=topic=7082.msg97122#msg97122 date=1406301914]
    I agree, speak to the lady as she does at least recognise that they have a problem , such a shame but dangerous too , a big Lab taking you down by the knees is no joke and very unfair to you :(
    [/quote]

It's definitely not! My friends mum got knocked over by a lab and broke her wrist. Now she's in a cast for her daughters wedding in two weeks time :(

7. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Ternaya sorry your walks are being spoiled and I'm sorry poor Harley is being dragged around by this dog....
    If your daughter was knocked over then there is definately an issue.The weather at the moment is probably making it hard to judge their walking pattern too.

[quote author=Rosie link=topic=7082.msg97018#msg97018 date=1406274554]

I often worry that Pongo is rough in play with other dogs (because he's such a big lad now), and just hope that someone would tell me immediately if they thought he was behaving badly (as a new dog owner I don't have any other way of knowing...). Those of you who've been on walks with us.... you would tell me, wouldn't you? :-\

[/quote]

Rosie this is me too,Dexter is a lot better now but he can still get excited and what I think is too rough...When this happens I put him on his lead and walk away a little distance for a timeout.I find it hard to judge though as he's my first dog ,maybe I'm too hard on him :( some owners have told me to leave them,they are just playing but I don't want Dexter to get out of control when he hasn't been old enough to control his own excitement levels...I feel like it's my responsibility to help him with it .....I'd hate to be the person on the park with the rough dog who doesn't do anything about it.