funny things you say

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by sussex, Oct 25, 2014.

1. sussex

sussex Registered Users

what funny things do you find yourself saying to your dogs i take milly out to the woods every day on the way home istop and go in the shop to get a paper i get out and say stay there she is in the crate in the car where can she go i do this every day why!!

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: funny things you say

He he he he ,funny!
    I can't think of anything like that which I say,we just have silly rhymes and songs we sing to him,not to mention a whole array of names that increase by the day....... 'Hibbidy' seems to be the current favourite...poor lad,he must sometimes wonder what his name is ! ;D

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Lol ;D
    When I leave to go to work I always say 'be a good girl'.........

4. Rolokris

Rolokris Registered Users

I think without realising I'm doing it I talk to Rolo like one of my kids, more babyish than my human kids, lol. My kids just look at me like I've gone crazy. Whenever he pinches things like my youngest sons onesie I say "what you going to do with that you don't even wear onesies" or "what you doing with that pen you can't even write"

5. sussex

sussex Registered Users

when we first got milly my husband used to be upstairs still in bed and he used to ask who i was talking to he found it strange that i would talk to the dog

6. Fwhitt246

Fwhitt246 Registered Users

I make up songs with murph the smurf in lol crazy!

7. David

David Registered Users

I have all sorts of conversations - a bit one sided though. ;D

8. Julie1962

Julie1962 Registered Users

I chat to mine like they can understand, when they make a noise I answer them like they have spoken. Husband thinks I lost it years ago LOL. Some how I have caused a problem where Elsie likes to get on the bed and won't come out of the bedroom to which I have to say are you being stubborn in a silly voice then she jumps down goes into Mrs Wiggle Waggle mode and leaves the room. When my husband was struggling the other day he said it and she did the same. It seems to have become our command for get off the bed and come out of the bedroom.

9. Penny+Me

Penny+Me Registered Users

I definitely chat to Penny, I don't think there's anything specific that I say but I do have conversations with her, especially when I'm alone.

I always thought it was weird when people chat away to their dogs but I totally get it now. When I first started working in the kennels I thought it was weird and I would get embarrassed if I thought someone had heard me talking to the dogs but now it's totally normal. I even used to chat away to the deaf dogs I've had, I think they do pick up on it even if they can't hear you.

Edited to add:
    I just remembered a weird thing I do say, it evolved from when I worked in kennels and I was playing with the dogs. If they would run up to me with a toy I would say 'what's that?!' In an excited baby-talk voice and over time it kinda morphed into just a noise that I'm not sure I can even spell.... It's kinda like 'whadaa' lol

10. lemmys mum

lemmys mum Registered Users

:) Talk to Lemmy all the time. Whatcha got when he brings me toys. When he sits for ear scratches or snoggy forehead ( we all do this right? ??? ) I tell him he's sooo handsome .