Games for 10 week old puppy?

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by Abi123, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Abi123

Abi123 Registered Users

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions for games for our 10 week old pup. He’s fantastic and I train him several times every day and he’s responding really well. I’ve noticed mental stimulation tires him out more than physical so I want to keep pushing with it

he’s got Kongs, a slow feeder puzzle bowl, a ball that you put treats in (which he couldn’t do on the first try, by the second he’d completely figured it out and it lasted one minute), a lick mat (which we’ve yet to try). Any other suggestions? Do people think snuffle mats are good?

2. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Games where your puppy interacts with you are good, such as tug. Another idea is to bowl a treat between your legs so your puppy runs towards you and between your legs to get it. Hand touch is another good one (so your puppy touches the palm of your hand with his nose.)
    This is a good, free resource: https://eileenanddogs.com/blog/2016/12/26/lessons-for-my-puppy-free-ibook/

3. Abi123

Abi123 Registered Users

Thank you! I will try the hand touch thing definitely. He gets a bit overexcited when we’re training so I think it will be more nipping and less touching to begin with!

We’ve tried tug and he does like it but he’s less interested in his toys and much more interested in empty plastic bottles haha.

4. Joy

Joy Registered Users

Oh yes, Molly still adores plastic bottles aged seven!As a puppy we often used to play with things washed up on the beach (we live just a couple of minutes away from a pebble beach) - plastic bottles, bits of rope, bits of rubber etc.
    For a puppy a couple of bits of kibble put inside a clean and dry plastic bottle, without the lid, can entertain them for a good while.