Getting your fur babies in and out of vehicles.....

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by Jazzmynn, Oct 2, 2017.

1. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

No, though it depends in part on the dog. This way you have one arm under the dog and not just around him. So if he is wiggly you are actually supporting him somewhat and less likely he will slip through. I find.

2. Lorraine Seale

Lorraine Seale Registered Users

I know this is quite an old thread but what make of ramp is it?? Our 8 month pup has arthritis and we are looking for a decent ramp... Any help would be fantastic!!

3. Boogie

Boogie Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Beanwood likes this.
  4. Beanwood

Beanwood Registered Users

Oh that's good timing! Just looking at ramps now..:)

5. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Registered Users

I have a mini van and all of my dogs jump in and out of the car by themselves. I only pick them up and put them in or out when they are babies. Usually by 3mos they are crawling into the car themselves and I only have to pick up their butts by 4mos in out they go they all love going along in the car.

6. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Is the ramp for Casper? What age should you start thinking about ramps Kate? x

7. Jojo83

Jojo83 Registered Users

I have the Trixie ramp as well for Jen and have used it since her first episode of limping at 5.5 months of age. It's never to early to start protecting those joints. Jumping out of cars is particularly hard on the elbows.

8. Lucius Maximus

Lucius Maximus Registered Users

Hi!
    Lucius is quite smart and jumps in himself, although sometimes he gets a little lazy. So usually I get him to put his front paws in then I lift his back end in. He weighs 35kg (77lbs) so he is quite heavy. I recently bought a harness with a handle on it to pull him in, hoping this will work out better.