Goodbye muddy paws.

Discussion in 'Labradors in the News' started by Morwenstow, Nov 29, 2014.

1. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: Goodbye muddy paws.

Maybe we could do a membership option too rather than visit by visit costs :)

2. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I can understand it for those who have to tackle extreme climates, Lisa and Co. But it is rarely that awful in the UK, you just need the appropriate clothing. Even in really cold weather, if you "get a wriggle on" you can work up a glow and off comes the scarf, hat , gloves etc. if you are not prepared for a bit of weather you really shouldn't have a dog.

I enjoy seeing other people on my walks and chatting with other dog owners.

I think many Dad's will be putting up the Christmas lights today and am looking forward to nightfall when Molly and I can go and check them out!

When I used to go to the gym I would watch folks taking a leisurely stroll on the treadmill and think 'Why, there's a whole great world out there'.

I suppose it is "Whizz Kids" for dogs, but would cost you £31.50 a week to use on a daily basis. And you cannot have a quiet cup of coffee while they wear themselves out ;D

3. Hollysdad

Hollysdad Supporting Member Forum Supporter

I don't see it as an alternative to a walk. Nothing could replace a romp in the woods with lots of mud and water. I think it could be a nice occasional treat for a dog. i could see Holly enjoying herself on the obstacles.

4. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

[quote author=Hollysdad link=topic=8943.msg127480#msg127480 date=1417345465]
    i could see Holly enjoying herself on the obstacles.
    [/quote]

Yes, I'd agree Phil!

We've put Pongo's name down for local agility classes - strictly just for fun! - and when she's got enough names she'll start a new 'beginners' one. I think he might enjoy it, and it will give his little brain something to do as well as his legs... :)

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=bbrown link=topic=8943.msg127439#msg127439 date=1417334510]
    [/quote]

Hang on, I need to back track....are we open for business?
    ;D

6. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

[quote author=Dexter link=topic=8943.msg127494#msg127494 date=1417364233]
    [quote author=bbrown link=topic=8943.msg127439#msg127439 date=1417334510]
    [/quote]

Hang on, I need to back track....are we open for business?
    ;D
    [/quote]

I wish!!

7. collette

collette Registered Users

Barbara it's not the dogs you need to worry about! I can be freezing to death in the cold and my dogs are quite content as long as they're bundled up in their coats and booties!

8. Pilatelover

Pilatelover Registered Users

that's the funniest thing I've heard all day.

9. Snowshoe

Snowshoe Registered Users

WEll I'm in Canada, in a snowbelt surrounded by ski resorts and very disappointed to get up this morning and find the 15 to 25 cm of snow in the forecast last night did not happen. Phooey. Snow on frozen ground is the best thing to combat muddy paws, if you ask me. I've never put a coat or booties on any of my dogs. We do take care at extremes, like -30C (~-22F) though. But we still go out.
    :)

10. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

We've got snow here...just a couple cms though. Definitely takes care of the mud! Are you in Alberta?