Granuloma between toes

Discussion in 'Labrador Health' started by Klaus, May 25, 2023.

1. Klaus

Klaus Registered Users

Hi everybody,

our Sam is a black lab and is 9 years old.
    A few weeks ago he developed granuloma between the toes on both paws.
    The therapy was antibiotics, cortisone and apoquel.The granuloma started to shrink but only to come back the next day same size. We tried aknefug and an essential oil. Nothing.
    For a week he is now on cyclavance and he takes it well, no side effects yet.
    It says it takes about 4 weeks to show some effects and I wonder if somebody has some experience with that medication.
    Thanks very much for advice.

Klaus and SAM

2. PRO5OHHO

PRO5OHHO Registered Users

My boy had one of those. Antibiotics did nothing to help. After I found it bleeding one day my Vet agreed to surgically remove it. She was nervous about the procedure since there's not a whole lot of skin to sew back together there but she managed it and it hasn't come back and this was a few years ago.

3. Klaus

Klaus Registered Users

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    How was the time after operation?
    Could he walk?
    Our vet suggested laser operation,but this is 5 hours away and driving back that time with a fresh operated dog is not good.
    Thanks for your reply.
    Klaus

4. J.D

J.D Registered Users

If that is the best treatment available I would make a nice comfortable bed in the back of the car/boot and go for it. He will probably sleep all the way home from the aesthetic. Take someone who can share the driving or keep an eye on Sam when you are.