Greetings from Yorkshire!!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by fox red fan, Oct 13, 2019.

1. fox red fan

fox red fan Registered Users

Hi everyone. Just to say Hello from Hugo, our 6 month old Fox Red Labrador. We lost our beloved black Lab Bertie two years ago and missed the companionship of dogs so much we bought Hugo. We have managed to get through the ‘baby’ and ‘toddler’ stage and are now fast approaching the ‘teenager’ stage!! He is a typical Lab puppy! Need I say any more!! Looking forward to ‘meeting’ like minded Lab enthusiasts on this Forum.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forum! It's great to have you and Hugo (and all your happy memories with Bertie) on board :)

3. Edp

Edp Registered Users

Hello and welcome. What a lovely looking dog. There is lots to read and learn from on here. Emma and Meg....also in Yorkshire in the North bit :)

4. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Welcome from another member from (North!) Yorkshire!

Edp likes this.
  5. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Hi and welcome.
    We had a black lab and now a fox red. Logic tells me there is no link between the colour and personality(they are after all only a darker shade of yellow) but boy is there a difference! Both were from working lines but Toby has twice the energy and awareness. He is much more reactive to situations. A lot more patience required but we are getting there! Enjoy your beautiful boy.

6. fox red fan

fox red fan Registered Users

Thanks for your replies. I think he is handsome (but I am biased!). Now going for another round of play! It keeps me fit! Can’t wait for longer walks, but don’t want to wish his life away!

7. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

Hello Hugo from Hero, 5 month power ball of energy fox red. Always ready to keep mum on her toes. Love my walks and training and playing in the garden especially when it's wet and muddy. Mums not so keen though when I want to give her a lovely hug after. Nice to meet you

8. mummyp85

mummyp85 Registered Users

Hi JD. Our Hero is a 5 month red fox and I totally agree they are so different from other coloured labs. He is from working lines and is a bundle of energy who always wants to be doing. He also gets bored very quickly so have to work a very structured day with him to keep him happy. Love him to bits though even when he pushes the boundaries too far. After all he's a puppy. Have been 'warned' that he may be this energetic for years bless him. No need for me to go to the gym then

9. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and my 19 month old choc lab Isla.

We lost our beloved black lab and felt the same as you did, our home felt so quiet and empty, that's when we got Isla.

She has been quite a challenge but we love her very much