Had a big scare :(

Discussion in 'Labrador Puppies' started by snowbunny, Nov 24, 2014.

1. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Had a big scare :(

So glad everything ended up ok - what a frightening experience!

2. Looby Lou

Looby Lou Registered Users

How awful! It's so scary when things like that happen, it was similar when Jack & Barney ran off on the beach the other week, although we were laughing at ourselves sprinting down then beach in our wellies, my heart almost stopped as they approached the car park! Thank god they got distracted.

We have the collar problem with Jack as he has a very slim head and can slip it easily. We have harnesses and collars, and they wear both when we go for walks, when we're near busy roads or situations where they may get giddy we clip their lead to the harness, but for normal pavement walking we clip it to the collar as they walk better on that.

Sometimes I can just tell that they're not right on the collar as they start backing up a bit, then we quickly swap to the harness x

3. Mollly

Mollly Registered Users

I use a Halti link when walking Molly with the Gentle Leader. My previous once managed to slip her Halti off, but she was a quiet old thing and it was easy to reunite dog and Halti. Unfortunately,dogs can slip their collars at times of excitement or stress. Not any easy time to regain control.

4. snowbunny

snowbunny Registered Users

I have now ordered two Puppia harnesses for them. Not the cheapest ones available, but we'd have paid hundreds to not have had that happen. Hoping they arrive quickly so we can have confidence when taking them out again. Until then, we're staying away from the road.

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Glad Shadow wasn't hurt but sorry you got a fright ...if I use a harness I use a Puppia one x