halti on and still pulling like a crazy hound!

Discussion in 'Labrador Chat' started by blackjack, Jan 7, 2014.

1. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Re: halti on and still pulling like a crazy hound!

Weensta,don't fall into the trap I did and allow the Halti to obsure the extent of the pulling and your need to train your dog to walk to heel or loose lead walking.i did that,I relied on the front fastening harness and didn't think things were so bad.....until I couldn't use the harness....then realised it was awful!
    I don't know enough to tell you how the halti will go down in a gun dog lesson as Dex is our first dog and I have nt been able to take him ( no gun dog training in dubai :() ,you have got time to make good head way though...it's hasn't been a quick process for us,think about how you want to deal with this issue...if you have a dog that pulls and doesn't have a good heel position on a gun dog class some of the more traditional methods of correction can be quite a shock .....I don't know how much experience you have of dogs?
    Good luck with it,there's lots of articles on it and there's another thread going at the moment on Labrador Training,let me find it and post the link for you x

2. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

3. LSB

LSB Registered Users

I am so glad I joined the forums and finding out it isnt just me or my pup. Everyone seems to be going through or gone through the same things. Patience and time seems to be the key. I have had numerous dogs in my life but am a first time lab owner. They seem to be a different kettle of fish altogether. I wouldn't change a thing though. I think some of their traits are quite endearing albeit frustrating a times but I love Holly to the moon and back

4. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

You are definitely not alone! The biting, jumping, pulling and enthusiasm for greeting every living thing - we can all relate :)