Halti training for goose dropping issues

Discussion in 'Labrador Training' started by Sulli99992, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Sulli99992

Sulli99992 Registered Users

Hi! I’m new to this site and am looking for opinions about Halti-type harnesses. I’ve been using an Easy Walk harness on my 3year old girl and am not having pulling problems, but having issues with her eating goose poop. I’ve found there’s no head control with the Easy Walk and my walks are getting frustrating.....so I’d just like to hear what works for others with this issue.....Thanks in advance!

2. WillowA

WillowA Registered Users

You could try training her to leave it.
    My puppy eats stones leaves sticks anything she can get hold even rabbit poop.
    I have treats and tell her to drop and she spits out what's in her mouth.
    Now walking with her harness on she constantly going down and picking up stones so I tell her to leave it then treat her.
    She is getting there slowly.

3. Jo Laurens

Jo Laurens Registered Users

You need to train your dog. Not just use equipment to prevent things...

4. Sulli99992

Sulli99992 Registered Users

Thanks for responding! I know I need to work on both ‘leave it’ and ‘drop’ with her and will spend lots of time to get her on track. She’s very good at dropping toys on command, but anything edible is a different story...she was a rescue and sounds like she had to fend for herself....she’s very smart and wants to please

5. Michael A Brooks

Michael A Brooks Registered Users

Then @Sulli99992 use a treat of higher value than what she has in her mouth.

Jo Laurens likes this.