Health problems in my Lab

Discussion in 'Senior Labradors' started by Dorene, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dorene

Dorene Registered Users

My eight year old yellow lab, Ginger is very sick. She started about a month and a half ago with a cough and hoarse breathing with activity. I took her to the dr who did Lyme/heartworm test. She was lightly positive for Lyme, had low grade fever, but had lyme a year ago and they said it could be from previous exposure but treated her with doxycycline for symptoms. After a week, she was limping in right leg, and had a fever of 104.5. Took her to a different dr (funds are low and they would not see her unless I had money), they took X-rays and checked organ functions. She has either pneumonia or cancer in one lower lobe (can’t differentiate between the two), and liver test was just a little high. Started her on amoxicillin and cephlexin. That was two weeks ago and she went downhill, limp is worse and has developed hortons inleft eye, although fever is gone. Dr switched amoxicillin for minacycline, still going downhill. Just laying around, avoiding people, limping, vomiting up any food or water she eats/drinks, I’m giving her subcutaneous fluids with B vitamin mixed in and now prednisone ( for the last week) as dr consulted with neurologist and it may be auto immune. Her right leg and paw are very cold. Because of finances can’t get more testing until the bill is paid (still owe $350 out of $700). Any ideas?

2. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

kateincornwall and snowbunny like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.