Hello and help

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Scott Guthart, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Scott Guthart

Scott Guthart Registered Users

Hey everyone, my name is Scott. I’m planning on picking up a German short haired pointer pup in a couple of weeks. He’ll be about 10 weeks old. I’ve read a puppy book by the Monks of New Skete and I’m up to the part where they start talking about corrections. I just picked up Pippa’s Happy Puppy book and started reading a couple pages. I’m interested in positive training and also in eventually doing fieldwork with the pup.

I know there are many resources out there. Specifically Pippa also has a book more geared towards gun dog puppies available overseas from the UK. I am looking for help and guidance going forward. I’ve never had a dog before. I’ve had difficulty in the past working with kids and never felt comfortable setting boundaries and discipling.

Thanks!

2. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome Scott to the forum. On the training section of this forum there is loads for you to read and help you before you get your pup. You can asked questions here and I am sure you will be helped by members.

lucy@labforumHQ likes this.
  3. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

Hi Scott, Welcome to the forum! As Cath has said, the training section is a great place to check out, and to ask your training questions. You might also find this section of the main Labrador Site helpful - Labrador Training

4. Scott Guthart

Scott Guthart Registered Users

Thanks Cathy and Lucy!