Hello and possible hemangiosarcoma

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by RooJoe, Dec 8, 2021.

1. RooJoe

RooJoe Registered Users

Hi,

I'm new to the forum. I have a wonderful 8.5 year old yellow lab named Joe. He had surgery two weeks ago to remove a mass (and his spleen). He's doing well post surgery but I just heard from the vet regarding the lab results which were inconclusive. And I'm going slightly mad. I've asked for a second opinion which they are doing. What I guess I'm hoping for here is two things: 1) has anyone had experience with an inconclusive lab result (eg, not sure its malignant -- but still could be something else) and what did you do? and 2) how to think through treatment options -- or not treat at all. Any assistance would be very much appreciated. Tx, Roo

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Roo and Joe, I'm afraid I don't have any experience to share but I just wanted to say welcome to the forum, and I hope Joe continues to recover well from his surgery :)

3. J.D

J.D Registered Users

Hi Roo
    We have been through cancer treatment from 18 months old but the results have always been very conclusive and always at the extreme end of bad!
    What has the vet said the next stage will be? How is Joe doing now? It’s amazing how quickly they bounce back from surgery.