Hello From Buddy and I

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Bud Light/Dilly Dilly, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Bud Light/Dilly Dilly

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly Registered Users

Hello,

Been browsing through these forums here ever since I bought my puppy around 8 weeks ago and finally decided to join. Now that I have a puppy, I guess I like to read about dogs now. My girlfriend and I have a 16 year old week puppy named Buddy (aka Bud Light and the Great Budinski). He's a super smart dog and knows how to sit, shake, high five, stay, lay down, roll over, play dead, jump (only when told), crawl, wave, speak, sit pretty, spin, and catch a treat in the air. I'm currently working on the treat on the nose trick, which he is pretty good at but still needs perfecting, and to bow, which he needs a lot of work on. The most challenging thing about Buddy was trying to get him not to chew things. The guy is a friggin' vacuum. He's definitely gotten a lot better, and I mean a lot better, but he still is a puppy and likes to get into things. My main advice when getting a puppy is to start everything you want your dog to do really young. And I mean right when you get them. Do not let your dogs get into the habit of doing things and do not give into them, no matter how cute they are. It was a ton of hard work at the beginning for me, but if you keep sticking to it, it gets a lot easier and you get a lot of gratification knowing you did things the right way. No idea why I'm even ranting about this but I guess it's cause I love my dog, just like everyone on here. Glad to have finally joined, as it's great to learn new things you can teach your dog and get advice you need if necessary.

Thanks

Sabine74 and Jade like this.
  2. Jade

Jade Registered Users

Welcome...

3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to you both. Have you a photo of your puppy for us to see?

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly likes this.
  4. lucy@labforumHQ

lucy@labforumHQ Administrator Forum Supporter

A very warm welcome to the forum! It sounds like you and Buddy have got off to a great start together :)

5. mandyb

mandyb Registered Users

Hi and welcome.

6. Bud Light/Dilly Dilly

Bud Light/Dilly Dilly Registered Users

7. Cath

Cath Registered Users

He is gorgeous :inlove:

8. Sabine74