Hello from Cornwall!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by KernowKate, Feb 2, 2013.

1. KernowKate

KernowKate Registered Users

HI, My name is Kate and I have a 16 week old Golden Lab called Mauser. I found my way here from LF forum, Iv'e ordered Total Recall, and spent the last 2 days reading tips from Pippas website, Mausers recall is very good so far, but he hasn't been offlead outside his garden as i'm not totally confident in him yet.
    But I have a very large 'Rabbit proof' therefore well fenced, veg garden, that is now a puppy training ground, perfect for recall training!

Mausers my 2nd Lab, I lost Solo, our beautiful big Black Lab Xmas 2011, aged 10. After a horrible empty year, I traced Solos bloodline, and found Mauser, Solos gt. gt. Nephew! and here we are!! prior to Solo, my previous Dogs were all Border Collies and a Spaniel, Solo came with my Partner, a huge bonus ;D he was almost 5 when i had him, so Mausers my first Lab Pup, very different personalities from the Collies, but very willing for a bribe of Cheese!!

Iv'e learnt quite a bit from this website already, can't wait for the book to arrive, looking forward to the training and with the amount of energy in this Pup, it should be great fun!!

Anyone near Liskeard? would love some Lab walkey mates! we live in Minions.

Kate and Mauser

2. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Re: Hello from Cornwall!

Welcome to the forum, Kate. Love your dog's name! :D

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi there Kate and welcome to the forum :D Congratulations on your new puppy! Look forward to hearing all about him.

We have another Cornish Kate too, I'm sure she'll be along to say hello soon.

Pippa

4. David

David Registered Users

Hi from me too. Yup Mauser is a great name. We holiday every year in Cornwall so maybe see you out on a walk there. I'll make a point of asking all the Yellow Lab owners if his name is Mauser!

5. charlie

charlie Registered Users

A very warm welcome from us too. Me Helen, Hattie 5/12 years and Charlie 2 years. Have fun on the forum I am sure you will love it as much as we all do. :D H x

Love, love the name Mauser :)

6. KernowKate

KernowKate Registered Users

Thanks for the warm welcome, I look forward to chatting on here... Mauser was named after a Gun I bought from my now partner, that's how we met, so seemed fitting! :D

7. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Perfect :D H x

8. paperstroker

paperstroker Registered Users

Hi Kate...Dylan (age 9) and I are new here too.What a lovely name you have picked for your Yellow Lab pup :)

9. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi from me and Lilly (3 in May, black lab) all the way up in Scotland (bit far for walkies :D )

Jacqui

10. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi fom me and 10-month-old Poppy...

11. bbrown

bbrown Moderator Forum Supporter

Hello from Riley and I. My parents are in Cornwall (just) so maybe we'll see you when we're on our hols too!

Barbara :)

12. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello Kate , been away for a long weekend so I missed you, welcome from me ! I live not far from you, in Dobwalls :) I have a 19 month old Lab boy Sam, we take him to Golitha Falls a lot and on the beach which he adores , we certainly live in lovely Lab country down here :)

13. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Sorry, meant to add, always up for a Lab walk !

14. debsie

debsie Registered Users

welcome from me and my two Cuillin and Brodick, also bursting with energy (constantly just now it seems, must be the lighter nights woo hoo!)