Hello from Greece!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Labrina, Dec 21, 2012.

1. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Hello everyone, as I am new to the forums I kind of assumed it might be an idea to introduce myself and 'our' (my son would argue this point..hehe) pup McQueen. (and yes, he named him after the cartoon formula character by his highness himself!)

As most of you probably already know ..Greece is pretty much in shambles in terms of it's econmical crisis. That being a given, being the biggest deterrance of me obtaining a pup, up until the point I went through a pretty fired up divorce, leaving my son with a gap...so to speak in certain things since the age of about 2, he's now 5. After many attempts to try and consolidate and assure him, that he is loved no matter what, I felt a void in his life, considering he is an only child and it's just me and him with the exception of seasonal visits to his dads leaving him MORE than confused and in some ways disspointed. In comes, McQueen in hope to heal.

He is absolutely over the moon. I have never ever seen him happier and to see this is absolutely mind-blowing. Some may argue perhaps it's the puppy stage and it will fizzle, but no this is above and beyond what anyone would expect. McQueen has become his companion, his friend and the one he seems to fight tooth and bone for...After seeing the vet today and witnessesing all the tugging and pulling as he was beiong examined, holding back my son from pouncing on the vet was the hardest task I've had to deal with yet! Why a labrador? Loyalty above all else...After much research I'de basically come to the conclusion that the choice was perfect. Let's hope I'm right as night no.3 and I'm being driven totally insane at both McQueens attempts to adjust, as well as mine as I've never ever had an inhouse pet before the last couple of days. Hygeine, was and remains to be my biggest concern. I guess it all has to do with upbringing etc. I could go on for hours on end after only 2 full days of having this little gem in my home but I'll let the picture itself tell the story I'de like to relay in thank you for having me...

Lets hope it gets easier...as they are, as expected a handfull!!! heheh

Attached Files:

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: Hello from Greece!

Hi there Labrina, and welcome to the site!

Yes, the first few days with a new puppy are hectic and then the first few months make you wonder sometimes whether you have done the right thing... But believe me, you will grow to love this little chap totally. And I can assure you, your son will always love him even more, and they will have a bond that will astound you. My son is 24 and my old Lab is almost 14, and the two are so very close it is amazing.

You will find this site very helpful and friendly, so dont hesitate to ask any questions!

Karen, Bones and Poppy

3. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

[quote author=Karen link=topic=1036.msg5876#msg5876 date=1356081524]
    Hi there Labrina, and welcome to the site!

Yes, the first few days with a new puppy are hectic and then the first few months make you wonder sometimes whether you have done the right thing... But believe me, you will grow to love this little chap totally. And I can assure you, your son will always love him even more, and they will have a bond that will astound you. My son is 24 and my old Lab is almost 14, and the two are so very close it is amazing.

You will find this site very helpful and friendly, so dont hesitate to ask any questions!

Karen, Bones and Poppy
    [/quote]

Thank you for the reassurance Karen...I know I definately need it at this point as I run around frantically cleaning up after him LOL~!

4. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Hello and welcome.
    I have a 17 week old pup who has been with us 9 weeks. It is pretty full-on to start with but in that short time my pup has learnt to toilet outside, sleep quietly through the night and not bite the children (9,8 &2) quite so hard!!! It does get easier and quickly. He is 3 times the size he was when he arrived and I can't believe that tiny thing has gone already. Try and enjoy him and take lots of pictures because this phase, although hard work, is very short lived.
    :) :) :)

5. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Hello and a warm welcome from me too , what a lovely story, heartwarming :) I can also relate to your story, one of my grandsons Silas , who is now almost 5 years old went through a very bad time when his Daddy left my daughter . He was an angry little boy who was then too young to express his feelings but began to be silent . Enter Sam , my now 18 month old Lab , they bonded immediately and over a period , little Silas has told his darkest secrets to Sam, his fears and worries . These Labs are just wonderful Nanny dogs and dont seem to mind having a wet neck either, good luck to you :)

6. David

David Registered Users

Hello from me too. Labs are good for you! Enjoy!

7. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Thanking you all sincerely for the warm welcome, you have no idea how wonderful it is to hear the positives as opposed to the negatives I'm faced with currently *pouts* I guess it's a learning experience, once complete, never forgotten or so I'de like to hope...

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Hi and welcome from us too. I am so glad your son is enjoying his puppy, you will both have so many memories to treasure always.
    Helen & Charlie x :)

9. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Labrina, and welcome to the forum :D Glad that your little boy is enjoying his new friend. Love the name too!
    Pippa

10. caroleb

caroleb Registered Users

Welcome and I too love the name! Lets hope he doesn't try to live up to it and make "The Great Escape"! Plenty of helpful advice and support here, they can drive you to tears of frustatration at times but it absolutely worth it for the reward and the love they bring - welcome to the forum

11. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Thank you Carole and yes ... on some occassions almost leads me to tears but it least ... this time... it's for a valid reason ... heheh

12. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

[​IMG]

Hope this works ...testing ! George and McQueen ~!

13. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

[​IMG]

14. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me and Cuillin and Brodick. looking forward to hearing more about McQueen!
    Debs

15. Labrina

Labrina Registered Users

Thanks Debs, I've already begun the driving everyone on the forums insane with my paranoia over everything and anything that has to do with raising a mature dog stuck in a pups body (or at least thats how I see the brat) heheh...

16. David

David Registered Users

;D ;D ;D