Hello from jasmine

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Meeka, Jul 14, 2019.

1. Meeka

Meeka Registered Users

Hello I have 9 week old
    Lab puppy.. I really love her but am extremely overwhelmed and tired for last 2 weeks. I Am working hard in potty training her so I get up between 1-3 am to let her out for pee break. Then sometimes we sleep till 6 am but today she peed and pooped at 3:30 am and was up. I put her back in the crate and she barked a lot (which she never does) so I let her out and took her out for a walk and she peed again. Then I gave her breakfast at 4:30 am and went for a walk, she peed and pooped again.. then I put her Back in the crate at 5 AM hoping she would sleep but at 6 AM she growled and barked again and then we went for a walk. She played till 7:45 am and went to bed at 8 AM. I know this stage ends but I am so exhausted I don’t know when I will get to have a proper sleep and when will she get on a schedule and am I doing something wrong?

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Meeka, welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new dog!

Puppies are hard work and it can be gruelling at times. 9 weeks is still very young for her to achieve much of a recognisable schedule, but keep persevering and it will come! If you start a thread on the Puppies board with a specific question in the title, you might find that our members who know just what to suggest are more likely to spot it and open it.

Good luck, please let us know how you get on!

Meeka likes this.
  3. Meeka

Meeka Registered Users

Thank you

4. Saffy/isla

Saffy/isla Registered Users

Hi and welcome,it's exhausting but will get better soon. I would suggest that you don't feed her during the night as she will then need to poop.

Make breakfast at a civilised time,say 8.00am.

We took our pup out for toilet before bed ,then again during the night when she woke,keeping very low key,no play,no talking ect so not to excite her. When put back in her crate she would bark and cry but we had the crate beside our bed and put out hand down for her to sniff and reassure he until she went back to sleep.

It's horrible to listen to them cry but we found it only took a few nights for her to realise she wasn't coming out to play and to go back to sleep.

Good luck