Hello from Kelly & Steve

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Kelly30, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Kelly30

Kelly30 Registered Users

Hello, I'm Kelly. I'm 30 years old, and live in South Africa.
    Steve is my 5 month old yellow lab. His KUSA name is Lambrada Burnished Gold.
    He recently discovered digging, and his adult canine teeth started coming in yesterday. I've had him since he was 9 weeks old.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Kelly and Steve, welcome to the forum :)

Steve's KUSA name describes him very well!

3. Kelly30

Kelly30 Registered Users

Thanks Sarah, I picked it out myself. It's a nod to his mother, Burnished Sky. ^_^

The pup in your profile pic is gorgeous, what's their name?

4. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Amazing! I don't think we get the option of doing that here in the UK. It's so thoughtful of you to include a reference to his mum - I bet your breeder was chuffed :)

I have to admit... I know nothing about the dog in my profile picture! It's a stock photo given to me by HQ when they set up my account! They do look lovely though don't they?

In real life my dog is called Max, and his KC name is Kennynton Lost Lake. I think Kennynton is an old english name which has otherwise died out. Lost Lake is a paint color - all of his litter were named from the Dulux color chart!

5. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

You've inspired me to finally change my picture, and also reveal my darkest secret - Max isn't a Lab! :eek::D

6. Kelly30

Kelly30 Registered Users

Max looks like a charmer! I love themed litter names, they're so creative. My breeder doesn't do those, she just lets the new families pick the names. Max's KC name is beautiful.

Steve is named after Steven Grant Rogers, aka Captain America. XD
    I'm not American at all, but I love that character. He's such a good guy, and he's blonde like my Stevie too. :-D
    Since Steve is my Service Dog Prospect, it seemed appropriate to name him after a hero.

7. Kelly30

Kelly30 Registered Users

LOL! XD
    Have you ever had a lab before?