Hello from Luna (and her humans)

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by FiMason, Aug 9, 2019.

1. FiMason

FiMason Registered Users

Hello,

I'm Luna.

I think I'm between 15-17 weeks old. I was abandoned, with my brother and sister, in a stream in a village in Andalucia. We don't know what happened to our Mum, or if we had other siblings. We saw an elderly couple walking their small dog and we thought that they looked kind and friendly, so we followed them all the way back to their home. I think we were only about 5 or 6 weeks old at the time. The couple's daughter works as a veterinary nurse and is friends with the couple who I went to live with. They came to visit me, and then the next day they came back and took me to my new home, their little finca in another village in the mountains, where they live with two cats.

I am now about 10kg. I can sit and lie down when I'm asked and come when I am called, unless I'm really excited or playing or there's an amazing smell somewhere. Then I get a bit distracted.

I've still got lots of my baby teeth, but these are gradually falling out and being replaced by my adult teeth. It makes my gums feel really achy and the only thing that relieves it is to chew whatever is close by. I'm gradually learning that there are some things I am allowed to chew and other things I'm not allowed to. It's really confusing because I can't always tell the difference.

I have lots of energy and I'm very curious. I do like jumping up and greeting everyone with my mouth open and sometimes when I'm over-excited I get a bit silly and nip and snatch. My new human parents are very patient and have given me lots of toys to play with. We go for walks in the countryside and every day they help me to learn something new. When I get it right they make a click and give me a bit of frankfurter. The click makes it easier to understand and remember what I did right, and if I do it again, I get another delicious treat. It's awesome!

By the way, my brother went to live with the elderly couple's son and my sister went to live with another family. I'm going to go and visit my brother soon.

teide likes this.