Hello from Northern Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by KrisM, Jul 7, 2018.

1. KrisM

KrisM Registered Users

Hello everyone! I had a chocolate lab, female, named Bailey. I say “had” because she got cancer at the age of 8 and we had to put her down. That was October 12, 2016. So we’ve had time to grieve and have finally decided it’s time for another dog! So tomorrow we are going to pick out a little black lab girl. We’ve been working on some names already. I like to have some ready and let the dog pick it out. Bailey picked out hers. She ignored me until I called her Bailey, then she came running!

Anyway, I’m glad I found this forum. I didn’t train Bailey that good or that correctly, she was my first dog. So I’m bound to have questions. I’m home with the dog while my husband works so it’s mostly up to me. Thank you!

2. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Welcome to the forum! What an exciting journey you are about to begin :). I hope you have a great time picking out your puppy today.

You might find our Dog Names pages helpful in the next few days - Let us know what you decide to call your new puppy and how you get on!

KrisM likes this.
  3. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum from my two ~Fred, Annie and me. Lots of photos please , we love puppies :)

KrisM and selina27 like this.
  4. tom@labforumHQ

tom@labforumHQ Administrator Staff Member

Welcome to the forum! Have fun picking out your new pup! We're all very excited to see her :)

KrisM likes this.
  5. Rosie

Rosie Registered Users

Welcome from me and my big yellow boy Pongo!

KrisM likes this.
  6. KrisM

KrisM Registered Users

Thank you all! The puppy is picked now to wait the 2 weeks before she’s ready! We haven’t decided a name yet. My husband says her name is Shadow but I said I don’t think so. Shadow, Willow, Midnight, April, Sheba, Chloe, Rayna and Xena are all in the running right now. I like unique names but they have to be easy to remember and pronounce! We’ll narrow it down a bit and let her pick her name once we have her. In the meantime, here are some pics.....

Well, I’ll have to post them later. It says I haven’t added any media yet. Don’t know how to do that.

7. pippa@labforumHQ

Do you have an account with a free photo hosting site like Flickr Kris? If you do, you can just link to your photos when you post here.

8. KrisM

KrisM Registered Users

No I don’t. Just Apple photos and google photos.

9. pippa@labforumHQ

I have attempted to embed a photo from Google photos, with no luck. And from what I have read, for many people, links to Google photos that used to work no longer do because it seems that Google Photos no longer supports embedding in third party sites. If anyone thinks this is incorrect and knows a way to do it then please do shout! :)

So if you'd like to post photos free of charge I think alternatives like

Are better options.

Perhaps others can suggest the photo hosting that they use. The other option is to become a forum supporter and upload directly to our own server

KrisM likes this.