Hello from puzzle and me

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Puppypal, Aug 25, 2013.

1. Puppypal

Puppypal Registered Users

Hi i am new to this forum. My name is annabelle and i have 2 dogs, one is a Great Pyrenees x irish water spaniel x brittany spaniel who is 5 years old and called barley, and the other one is puzzle our newly acquired lab puppy, she is 11 weeks old today and her name is puzzle. We all live in ipswich. Barley was pur first ever dog and has got many rossetts to his name (fun dog show ones) and has even competed at crufts this year, he was the childs best friend finalist of 2012 scruffts family crossbreed dog of the year competition. When puzzle is older we would like to show her, but not at a professional scale just local pedigree shows and that sort.

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Hello from puzzle and me

Hello Annabelle and a warm welcome from me , my two year old black Lab boy Sam and my rescue girl Millie, age and breed unsure of ;D

Your dogs sound wonderful , would love to see some photos of both of them and so very well done at Sruffts, thats a great claim to fame :)

3. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Annabelle, and welcome from me and Lilly who is a 3 year old black labby girl :)
    What great names for your too! I would love to see pics too.
    Hope you enjoy the forum ;D

4. Puppypal

Ok so here are some pics [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sorry about the picture overload :p, and the size of them, i will try to make them smaller next time :)

5. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

They are wonderful.....Puzzle is such a lovely colour an I love the funky cage......would have coordinated with Dexters old look....we have moved into red for collar,lead and harness now!!Congratulations on scrufts......now I know someone famous ;) thanks for the photos x

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Gorgeous!!
    :)

7. Puppypal

Well barley's colour is red, but his cage is blue but it was second hand so i cant complain cause it was about 1/4 of the price. He has red everything, collar, lead, harness, coat, treat bag, my dog walking coat, my dog trainers, his boots, his grooming bag, my dog walking belt, you name it we have got it. He has about 15 different leads, 10 different collars, 3 harnesses, 2 halti's and 2 coats. Puzzle is already do well with 4 leads, 3 collars, 1 harness and 2 coats.

We tried entering scruffts again this year but it is quite hard considering our photo is on all the flyers, even though we did not win, but we got on telly ;D

8. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Beautiful dogs and well done :) Helen x

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Sorry and a very warm welcome from me Helen, Hattie 6 years old and Charlie our rescue Lab x Pointer 2 1/2 years. Hope you have lots of fun on the forum with all of us. Helen x

10. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Such lovely photos, thank you for sharing them, both dogs are beautiful :)

11. heidrun

heidrun Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Hello and welcome to the forum. :D Wonderful photos! What a proud moment at scrufts!! ;D

12. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hello and welcome from Poppy and me! What lovely photos and beautiful dogs you have!!! :) You must be very proud of them both.

13. Lisa

Lisa Registered Users

Hi there from Lisa and Simba (chocolate lab/NewfieX). I love your pics - your dogs are absolutely gorgeous! I just finished reading a book this summer which, in part, was about a search and rescue dog named Puzzle - it's a great name!! :)

14. Puppypal

Lisa if that is the book i think it is(scent of the missing), then that is where we got her name from.

I love newfie lab cross's, there is a 6 month old one at our training classes and i love her, she is such a character, and barley likes her too, which with him is a rarity that he likes a chocolate coloured dog after he has almost been bitten by one at a show which meant he hated every chocolate dog he saw, and dalmations, he hates dalmations, on his first ever walk, which was when he was about a year old he got very badly bitten by a dali, which took him back another month as he refused to go out of the house again

karen yes i am very proud of them both, especially barley, but puzzle will have to work her way up, but not to the heights of barley though.

Hedirun yes it was a proud moment at discover dogs winning the child's best friend class as barley means so much to me, he has been there for me through thick and thin, he is a very special dog in so many ways. At crufts it was a different story the whole experience was horrible, barley and me hated it. Since then i have been struggling to take him in fun dog shows because of the lasting effects on me, but don't get me started on that as i will never shut up.

And to the rest of you, thank you for such a warm welcome, i moved here from another forum, which was not very nice, they slaughtered me for basically everything, especially getting puzzle, and barley having quite a lot of health issues, which we can't help, and lots of other things

15. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me, Julie, and my chocolate boy lab Charlie who is 6 months.

Your dogs look wonderful, and well done at Scruffts!

16. Puppypal

Here are a few quotes from the old forum and there response to me getting another dog

17. JulieT

JulieT Registered Users

How strange! You seem like an experienced owner, so what's the big deal about a second dog? (I'm secretly hoping to get a 2nd dog in a couple of years...subject to OH convincing. I'm hoping it'll be easier then, as at least I'll have done everything once before).

18. tartanmouse

tartanmouse Registered Users

Ooooh! How have I missed such stunning doggy pics? Been away from the forum for a few days, and what a lovely catch up. But with that in mind, have I missed a post where you got your dog in dubious circumstances, did you steal puzzle? In the past I've decided in under two minutes that Stan our Bassett was coming home with us, Paddy the briard similar, Zeus the german shepherd took a week as he was subject to court case at the time. We got Charlie when we on the way to Tesco one weekend so I'm not the one to comment, but what are they on about in those quoted posts? I must know!

19. Puppypal

[quote author=tartanmouse link=topic=2357.msg23247#msg23247 date=1377768684]
    Ooooh! How have I missed such stunning doggy pics? Been away from the forum for a few days, and what a lovely catch up. But with that in mind, have I missed a post where you got your dog in dubious circumstances, did you steal puzzle? In the past I've decided in under two minutes that Stan our Bassett was coming home with us, Paddy the briard similar, Zeus the german shepherd took a week as he was subject to court case at the time. We got Charlie when we on the way to Tesco one weekend so I'm not the one to comment, but what are they on about in those quoted posts? I must know!
    [/quote]

No, we definitely bought her, from a lovely posh country lady. When we went to see the litter i knew that she was the one, the wrinkles on her head sealed the deal, she was the most people centered puppy of the litter as there was another dog there ( the gardeners dog) and the other puppies kept following him around whilst she just wanted to cuddle up to me. The people who wrote those posts don't like me, i have no idea why, other than having a very vet visit liking dog who seems to get in all sort of trouble and has a few behavioral issues, but nothing serious. They just did not like the idea of me getting another dog. According to them labradors and tollers (which were our 2nd choice of dog) are the 'worst breeds' to own

20. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Goodness,those people just sound downright nasty and vitriolic.....I'd have lasted 5 minutes.....firstly because they would have upset me and secondly I'm too old to be spoken to like that! im so glad you found here.....I'm sure you will be much more comfortable on this forum,I'm glad you have introduced your dogs to us x