Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Luca2012, May 28, 2013.

1. Luca2012

Luca2012 Registered Users

Hello everyone,

I already posted this morning asking for advice but thought I should introduce myself too!

My name is Sam and we got a red fox lab pup at Christmas - I know some say this is just a form of dark yellow but being from a house of avid LFC fans I think he will always be a red to us! He is called Luca and 7 months old now. We live on the Wirral Peninsular and travelled to a farm in Whitby to collect him on New Year's Eve. He was from a litter of 10 pups and I would have taken every single one home if I could! Both parents were also 'red fox' and working dogs. It is funny how quickly you get used to a little waggy tail being around the house - I am not sure what we ever did before we had him!

Luca loves walks, particularly down at the beach where he is guaranteed to find the smelliest, grottiest and most sludgy puddles he can find to jump about in! I will attempt to put some photos up when I can.

Anyway, I think the Forum in fab and hope to make some friends here.

Sam x

2. kateincornwall

kateincornwall Registered Users

Re: Hello!

Hello again Sam and welcome to you and your Luca, photos are compulsary ;D ;D
    he sounds a lovely little chap and yes, smelly manky stuff is a draw to Labs I`m afraid :)

3. David

David Registered Users

Hi Sam,

Hello from me too. On the subject of muck, my dog Lady rolled in a semi-dried out puddle yesterday and came out having changed from black to a smooth brown colour! Garden hose comes in useful! ;D

4. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi Sam
    Welcome from me and Lilly. 3 year old black puddle runner.

Jacqui :)

5. lynnelogan

lynnelogan Registered Users

hi sam and luca, welcome from me and jasper 5 month :) brilliant forum :)

6. Dexter

Dexter Moderator Forum Supporter

Sam,how have I missed you to say hi?im living in Dubai,my Husband and I brought Dexter over from a breeder in Scotland at the end of Feb,he is a yellow working lab( he's got red in him somewhere though im convinced....despite both parents being black...he's a gorgeous dark yellow color with darker ears)hes our first dog!anyway I'm from Liverpool originally so not far from you!am really jealous about those lovely beach walks you must be enjoying...Dubai is hard to have a dog.....it's illegal to have them off a lead in any public place......it took over 10 years for my Husband to convince me and I have soul searched about his standard of living for a long time before I agreed....but I am 200% committed to ensuring his every comfort,and you know what ,we are managing but it is challenging,Dex is such a good boy though.
    How is it going with Luca,send a pic if you can and tell us your news
    Bfn Angela

7. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Hi there from me and working fox red / gold / dirty brown 15-month old Poppy :D

8. debsie

debsie Registered Users

hello and welcome from me and my two, cuillin, working ninny-like red fox, and brodick, working black lad and full time scamp. they both share that love of all thing muddly/foul smelling...

9. Oberon

Oberon Supporting Member Forum Supporter

Welcome me me and Obi (just plain yellow). Hope you have fun on this lovely forum :)

10. Cuffberto

Cuffberto Registered Users

Hi Sam & Luca.
    Welcome to the site I'm a newbie too my gang is two yellows and a fox red all pains in the bum but wouldn't change them for the world.
    We have a pup about the same age so I know you must be loving it as much as we do so good luck and there's plenty if good advice here and everyone's mad about labs :)
    Steve. buddy George & dodger.