Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by Catherine & Chris, Feb 22, 2018.

1. Catherine & Chris

Catherine & Chris Registered Users

Hi from London, UK. We have just got ourselves a choc lab puppy. He is now 3 and half months old. We also have a cat so trying to find ways to get our cat to come and live back downstairs and be part of the family but think that's going to take some time!

2. Xena Dog Princess

Xena Dog Princess Registered Users

Welcome Catherine and Chris from me and Xena in Wellington, NZ. What's your puppy's name?

Interspecies harmony can be tricky. It's important that your cat feels safe from the puppy, so baby gates are your friend. Make sure the puppy never has a chance to chase the cat (easier said than done). When the cat eventually appears, have lots of treats on hand to reward the puppy for being calm around the cat. If your cat is confident it won't take long. If your cat is nervous it might never happen.

3. Naya

Naya Registered Users

Hi and welcome from me and 4 year old girl, Harley in Bristol, UK. What’s your pups name?

4. Cath

Cath Registered Users

Hello and welcome to the forum from Fred, Annie and me. Annie use to chase our cats, but now they are the best of friends. Give it time.

5. Maxx's Mum

Maxx's Mum Registered Users

G'day and a big welcome from Maxx and I in Sydney Australia. This forum is awesome

6. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Welcome from me and Lilly in Scotland
    x

7. Granca

Granca Registered Users

Hello and welcome from me, Wispa (6) and Tuppence (4).

You'll probably have seen some messages on the forum about cat-puppy introductions. They may well end up as best friends eventually but, yes, it will probably take time - and the terms and conditions will be determined by the cat!

8. Catherine & Chris

Catherine & Chris Registered Users

Hi thanks for the welcomes. Sorry I didn't reply earlier, I don't get notifications so have to come on the site to see it to know. I'm guessing there's a way maybe I can get notifications to me when someone replies, but haven't worked it out yet. My dogs name is Rolo. Looking forward to reading up and getting tips. It's our first dog. So far he's been very good. He's 4 months old. Sleeps from 11 to 8. He sits, down and rolls over along with a few other tricks. Still have difficulties with pulling when we go out on the lead. I've just ordered the perfect fit harness (front and back) recommended by the lab site and hoping this will help with the walking training a bit when it arrives.