HELLO

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by LindaG, Feb 13, 2020.

1. LindaG

LindaG Registered Users

This is my very first post on here. Just wanted to say hello to everyone tonight. Our family is in the process of looking into either purchasing or rescuing an English White Golden Retriever. So I genuinely hope this is the right place to be. With that being said, I had NO idea how expensive buying a dog could be now days. We used to breed American Goldens about 20 years ago in Augusta GA ( NO PAPERS) and sold them then for $300 to $400 dollars. I guess that was good for then. They were beautiful fur babies. Our Chocolate Lab we paid $400 dollars for that was with a discount from a friend over 12 years ago....Goodness anyone know a good breeder in the North Georgia area for white goldens? or a rescue place for them? Thank you for letting me share and for any help we get.

2. sarah@forumHQ

sarah@forumHQ Moderator

Hi Linda! Welcome to the forum :)

Buying a good dog can certainly be pricey! Obviously there are lots of reasons why the costs of puppies have gone up. Inflation in one of them. But also we're lucky now to have lots of health tests for sires and dams at our disposal, and breeders pass these on in the cost of their puppies. The initial outlay can feel steep, but in the long term it can save us a lot of heart ache and vets fees by ensuring the healthiest possible litters.

Good luck with your search, do let us know how you get on!

3. 5labs

5labs Registered Users

Welcome along, and good luck in your search. I wouldn't worry too much about the initial expense, think about it this way; 1000$ is only 66$/year for 15 years. Much less than it costs to feed them :)