hello

Discussion in 'Introductions & Saying Hello' started by crazycrew, Dec 2, 2012.

1. crazycrew

crazycrew Registered Users

Just thought I'd pop into say "hello" & what a great site I think this is.I'm a newbie to forums & this is my 1st ever post, (techno phobe here) though I've been a regular reader here ("lurking" I believe it's called)for the past 5 or so months & the excellent articles,wealth of information & experience have helped myself & my pupster(though I grew up with them,this is my 1st own labrador),through his early puppyhood without too many mishaps :D
    My pupster...the allways happy,ever busy,bright,energetic & v.cheeky Cole.A slim 7 1/2 month old black lab from working lines who keeps me on my toes,provides us all with much amusement,fresh challenges (daily) & of course that world renowned..labrador love!!

I'm trying to keep things up-beat,stimulating & structured,so once a week we attend an informal gun-dog class where Cole shows me how it's all done & I learn to fit into his world.In return,I drag him(??nope that's definitely the other way round)!to K.C.Good Citizens where he has to learn how to fit into my world!! A fair exchange I think..though the latter is currently much more of a challenge. Hmmm...all those "best friends" sitting around the room distracting him tut tut.Yet funnily enough this doesn't bother him remotely when doing anything gun-doggery..so focused is he!
    All in all we've survived puppyhood,we're coming along nicely so far I think & enjoying every step.
    BUT....adolescence looms (gulp) & my sweet boy having already mastered the 3-legged pee (so sad! too young!)has just this week started to suffer with that curious affliction...doggy deafness,is turning into a counter surfing demon and has a strange obsession,if the children leave open the stair-gate,with escaping upstairs to dig the plughole out of the bath??(don't get that 1,unless it's purely mischievous attention seeking)
    Sooo..much more work to be done then.And although I view the next few months with trepidation I am at least already armed with 1 secret weapon.Total Recall (though I've yet to read it).So it's off to bed early with my book and my glasses to prepare for the coming months : )
    Well that's enough about us.Nice to meet you all & I'm sure I'm going to have plenty of questions during this tricky phase of development
    Thankyou in advance for reading.
    Alison & Cole

2. Karen

Karen Registered Users

Re: hello

Hello! Welcome to the Forum, and i very much enjoyed your Post!

3. pippa@labforumHQ

pippa@labforumHQ Administrator

Hi Alison, welcome to the forum :D
    Look forward to reading the adventures of Cole!

Pippa

4. Stacia

Stacia Registered Users

Welcome. Adolescence and the Labrador ;D My 10 month old Lab (working bred) was a delight and so obedient until about three weeks ago and now he is a Kevin! I think he has discovered sex but isn't quite sure what it is, so peeing everywhere when we are out and even worse, doing it when gundog training :-[ However, if he was an angel once, he will be again with some hard work! So will be interested in reading how you are getting with Cole.

Stacia

5. David

David Registered Users

Hello from me too. loved your history of puppy ownership. We just emerging the otherside (Lady and me).

6. debsie

debsie Registered Users

Hello from me and my two pups too. really liked your post! I have just hit teenage years with young Brodick, who still wees like a girl...well actually he sort of does a manly crouch/stretch thing but no sign of three legged wee-ing....bless....

Debbie

7. Sersi

Sersi Registered Users

Hi, just starting out on that journey here with a 15 week old pup. (I too lurked for a good while before joining). 8)

8. drjs@5

drjs@5 Registered Users

Hi ALison and Cole!
    I too am and ex-lurker....brilliant advice from all these guys.

jacqui & Lilly long-legs.

9. charlie

charlie Registered Users

Welcome Alison & Cole, these guys on this forum have saved my sanity (well almost!!). Brilliant advice but above all much needed support. Helen & Charlie xx